From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: February 11, 2019 4:30
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: I am having a problem exiting Dropbox

Hello everyone:

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello George:

The Dropbox folder cannot be moved in the way you suggest. I have tried your suggestion but, when I did, I got a message that the folder could not be moved, because it is being used by another program.

According to information I have read on the web, the dropbox folder can only be moved in a specific way, within the dropbox program.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Just highlite / select dropbox folder and control x to cut
Now open the f drive and past with control v

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

george b

Go to dropbox.com and log in and you should beable to move it there

Just highlite / select dropbox folder and control x to cut
Now open the f drive and past with control v

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and
press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the
"GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can
then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Yes, definitely not, you would have to go to Dropbox Preferences via the system tray to specify a new location for the Dropbox folder.
This would be under the Sync tab like this:
Move... Enter Dropbox folder location Choose where your Dropbox is located on your computer. All your Dropbox files will be saved in this folder.

Regards,
Sieghard

Just highlite / select dropbox folder and control x to cut
Now open the f drive and past with control v

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Here is what I do, I am telling you what I press and include what Jaws said from speech history:

Press Jaws Key + F11 to bring up the system tray and arrow to Dropbox:
Dropbox 66.4.84 up to date, 5 of 14
Press enter and you should hear:
tray-window - press enter again on that and you hear:
Context Menu
Open Dropbox folder - I now down arrow through all the options:
Launch Dropbox website
Launch Dropbox Paper
Recently changed files sub menu
48.7% of 11.2GB used Unavailable
Get more space
Up to date Unavailable
Pause syncing
Snooze notifications sub menu
Preferences...
Help center
Exit
I suggest you definitely don't try to move the Dropbox folder because I doubt Dropbox would then work, you need to go into Preferences and tell Dropbox where you want the folder to be. So, arrow to Preferences and press enter.
Now use Control + Tab to find the "Sync" tab:
Dropbox Preferences
Account Tab
Import Tab
Bandwidth Tab
Proxies Tab
Notifications Tab
Sync Tab - press tab now, the first couple of times you won't hear anything, then you hear the following:
OK Enter Button - continue to press tab
Cancel Enter Button
Apply Enter Button
Selective Sync... Enter Select which folders sync to this computer: Select which folders you want to see on this computer. Any folders you unselect won't be shown on this computer, but you can still access them on dropbox.com.
Move... Enter Dropbox folder location Choose where your Dropbox is located on your computer. All your Dropbox files will be saved in this folder.
Press enter on that and you should be able to specify the new location.

Regards,
Sieghard

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"
menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

German A Fermin

Dave, windows+B to get to the list of programs, enter on Dopbox and up or down arrow until you get to preferences. You want to go to the last tab here. It may say selective sync. In that tab you will find a move button. This is the only way you should be moving dropbox folders.

HTH

Just highlite / select dropbox folder and control x to cut
Now open the f drive and past with control v

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and
press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the
"GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can
then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Dave,

Dropbox has made moving the default location of the Dropbox folder a total pain in the ass!  You need to get into the Dropbox preferences, then go to the Sync tab and you'll find the, Move the Dropbox folder, dialogues there.  Before you can move the folder you need to have Dropbox turned off / not running.

Here's some steps to get to the Dropbox Preferences from the System Tray using Windows 7 & 10 Pro, with latest Jaws 2019, & providing you have Dropbox showing in the system tray:
1. Open the system tray with, Insert + F11.
2 Navigate to the, Dropbox folder, and press enter.
3. If you hear, Edit, press enter again, and now up arrow to, Preferences, and press enter.
4. Control + Tab, to the Sync tab, now tab quickly a few times to, Apply, now right after you hear, Apply, tab to get your, Move, dialogue / options.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

> Just highlite / select dropbox folder and control x to cut
> Now open the f drive and past with control v

Steve Nutt

Hi,

You don't do it that way, first you need to change the location in Dropbox
settings. Then Dropbox will move the stuff for you.

All the best

Steve

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Dave,

To close Dropbox, press enter on the Dropbox icon in the system tray.  If you hear, Edit, press enter again, arrow up 1 time to, Exit, and press enter.  This will close Dropbox.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello Mike:

When I close Dropbox, I do not seem to be able to access Dropbox to change the location of the Dropbox folder.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

To close Dropbox, press enter on the Dropbox icon in the system tray.  If you hear, Edit, press enter again, arrow up 1 time to, Exit, and press enter.  This will close Dropbox.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

I would like to move the dropbox folder from drive C to Drive f on my
system.

However, when I open the Task Tray and highlight the Dropbox icon and press
ENTER, to open the Dropbox item, then press the SPACEBAR, to open the "GEAR"

menue item, I cannot find the "Exit" button to close Dropbox, so I can then
move the Dropbox folder to the new location.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and I am using JFW 2018.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello Sieghard:

Thank you for your very precice instructions. My Dropbox file folder, has been moved from the system drive, to the f drive, using the same path structure.