reset MS word to default

Michael Munn

Dear Fellow Jaws users, This is Michael. I don't know what I did but I messed up my word to the point that I can't use them. I need a key command to set it as `default.
Are there a keyboard command for this issue in Word? All comments are greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Best Regards
Michael Munn

 Michael Munn
 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org
Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Michael. I know of no command to set MS Word back to its defaults. You would need to know which setting you had changed, and then set that setting back to its defaults. If you are in the United States, and you would like me to help you, I can send you my telephone number, or you may send me yours, and I can work with you over the telephone to try and resolve your problem.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Dear Fellow Jaws users, This is Michael. I don't know what I did but I messed up my word to the point that I can't use them. I need a key command to set it as `default.

Are there a keyboard command for this issue in Word? All comments are greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Best Regards

Michael Munn

 Michael Munn

 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

Chris Hill

Deleting normal.dot may do what he needs

 Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2019, at 11:53, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

[...]

Do you have Skype? Skype would be much easier.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi, Michael. I do not have skype. Sorry.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Dear Fellow Jaws users, This is Michael. I don't know what I did but I messed up my word to the point that I can't use them. I need a key command to set it as `default.

Are there a keyboard command for this issue in Word? All comments are greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Best Regards

Michael Munn

 Michael Munn

 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Michael. If talking with you by telephone is too inconvenient, alternatively, try the following:

Try deleting normal.dot. This is a template. The templates are located in the following folder

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

where

<username>

is your individual username (example)

C:\Users\michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

Then, once you have deleted normal.dot, try opening MS Word again. The first time you open MS Word, after deleting the normal template, MS Word will create a fresh new copy of the Normal.dot template with its default settings.

Good luck. If you have difficulty, I will privately send you my telephone number.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Dear Fellow Jaws users, This is Michael. I don't know what I did but I messed up my word to the point that I can't use them. I need a key command to set it as `default.

Are there a keyboard command for this issue in Word? All comments are greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Best Regards

Michael Munn

 Michael Munn

 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

Steve Nutt

I believe it’s now normal.docm, not normal.dot, in new versions of Word.

All the best

Steve