From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:54 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Sending attachments Outlook 2016

Hello,

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

Laura Richardson

How do I find a file in File Explorer? …… I went there and couldn’t figure out how to find it.

Laura

Find the file in File Explorer and copy it with Control+C.

Open Outlook, start a new message (or reply to one if that is what you want to do) and once you are in the message body field paste the file with Control+V, this will attach it to the email.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

Van Lant, Robin

Laura,

Generally speaking, you can open your My documents folder and copy the file with Control C.  If you need to navigate to it, you can open file explorer with the Windows key E, then Shift Tab once to the tree view and arrow down to documents.  Hit space bar or enter, then tab once back to the file list.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Laura Richardson

I copied the file but when I hit control +V it only copied it into my message.

Laura

Generally speaking, you can open your My documents folder and copy the file with Control C.  If you need to navigate to it, you can open file explorer with the Windows key E, then Shift Tab once to the tree view and arrow down to documents.  Hit space bar or enter, then tab once back to the file list.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Laura. Don’t open the file before copying it to the clipboard.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I copied the file but when I hit control +V it only copied it into my message.

Laura

Generally speaking, you can open your My documents folder and copy the file with Control C.  If you need to navigate to it, you can open file explorer with the Windows key E, then Shift Tab once to the tree view and arrow down to documents.  Hit space bar or enter, then tab once back to the file list.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

What do you mean it copied it into your message. Maybe explain a bit more what exactly it is, what type of file, is it a picture, a word document, a text document?

Also, where in the message were you when you pressed Control + V? This method definitely works because I often send several emails a day with attachments and this is what I do and it is 100% reliable. I can copy one file to the clipboard or I can copy 2 or 3 or 10 and paste them all at once and they all become attachments to the message.

You can also do it the complicated way:

1. When you have started your email, put in the recipients address, typed in the subject and then typed your message press Alt + H followed by A and F, that is Alt + H for the “Home” menu, then “A” for attach” and “F” for File”.

2. In the dialogue that now comes up you can see if you can locate your file in the recents list or press Shift + Tab once to “Browse This PC”, this will open a standard “open file” dialogue where you can press Shift + Tab again a few times to get into your folder tree view, locate the folder where you saved the file and then locate the file.

3. Once you found the file you can just press enter and it will be attached. Trust me, the copy and paste method first described is much easier.

Regards,

Sieghard

I copied the file but when I hit control +V it only copied it into my message.

Laura

Generally speaking, you can open your My documents folder and copy the file with Control C.  If you need to navigate to it, you can open file explorer with the Windows key E, then Shift Tab once to the tree view and arrow down to documents.  Hit space bar or enter, then tab once back to the file list.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Bill, you think differently, I never thought she may have opened the file and copied its contents.

Laura, Bill is correct, just press Control + C when you are on the file name, then go to your message body field and press Control + V.

If you want to make sure the file was attached press Jaws Key + A or Shift + Tab and it will take you to the attachments list where your file should not be listed.

Hi, Laura. Don’t open the file before copying it to the clipboard.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I copied the file but when I hit control +V it only copied it into my message.

Laura

Generally speaking, you can open your My documents folder and copy the file with Control C.  If you need to navigate to it, you can open file explorer with the Windows key E, then Shift Tab once to the tree view and arrow down to documents.  Hit space bar or enter, then tab once back to the file list.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Laura Richardson

Thank you so much …… That worked perfectly.

Laura

Hi, Laura. Don’t open the file before copying it to the clipboard.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I copied the file but when I hit control +V it only copied it into my message.

Laura

Generally speaking, you can open your My documents folder and copy the file with Control C.  If you need to navigate to it, you can open file explorer with the Windows key E, then Shift Tab once to the tree view and arrow down to documents.  Hit space bar or enter, then tab once back to the file list.

I would like to send an email and attach a file from my documents …… I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Would somebody please tell me how to do this? …… Thank you for any help.

Laura

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Sieghard. The thing that caused me to know that Laura had opened the file before copying it to the clipboard is that this is the only circumstance in which the file would be copied directly into the content of the email message.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

I think that happens if your message format is set to Rich Text.  If it’s set to Plan Text or HTML, it will attach in the normal place.  That’s at least the distinction I’ve seen at work.