Custom JAWS Scripting for Interaction Desktop by Interactive Intelligence

Hello All,

           Well, today's arrival on my new client's job site has already proven to me that, as far as JAWS and the custom applications necessary for the job duties she needs to perform, I'm in way over my head.   Virtually every interaction she has with a computer here is with a custom application for which I know of no existing JAWS scripting.  I am not capable of writing scripts of the complexity that would be needed even if I wished to do so.

           That being said, it would surprise me if there isn't some repository, somewhere, of existing JAWS scripting that's been done for custom applications that might be being used by multiple companies that have purchased them.  One such, Interaction Desktop, is used in lots of call centers under license.

           Does anyone know whether there already exist the extensive JAWS scripts that would be necessary to access this particular application?  If not, is there some person or entity that would be best to ask beyond Freedom Scientific or the actual software maker (who just might know if anyone's ever scripted JAWS on top of it)?

           Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
--
Brian

         ~ William James

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

It’s a small world, Bryan!  This is a new flavor of a program that’s been around for a while. Until recently, it was accessible; now it isn’t.  You can’t see what I guess we can call the control line part of the time, which makes picking up calls a challenge.  You probably know the line I’m talking about; you have to be on it in order for our shortcut keys )pick up, disconnect, Etc.) to work.  I can make calls, but I take ‘em far more often than I make ‘em.  Adding insult to injury, you can’t see your user status—available, after call work, tech support, Etc.  This is driving me bonkers.  Without this software, I’m mostly a decoration.  Of course, when it rains it pours; we begin annual open enrollment today, meaning more calls than the law will allow.  As misery loves company, I’m going to copy this; perhaps we can keep in touch off list.

ted

[...]

Mario

if you joined the scripting list, it might help to ask Jackie McBride.
she's one of the long time, polished script writers over there. email
her off list. she even might agree to do the scripting for a nominal
price... depending on the complexity of the job.

[...]

/*A great many people think they are thinking when they are */*/merely
rearranging their prejudices./*

* ~ William James*

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

Jackie is really great and worth talking to, also, there is an organization that does some scripting called Blind Spot, May hap google them, they do an extensive set of scripts for quick books.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

[...]

Mario and Poppa Bear,

           Thank you very much for the pointer to Jackie.  Although I joined the JAWS Scripting list and made my first post I believe I am being moderated, which is no surprise, since the post has not shown up in my own inbox and I'm set to receive copies of my own posts it must be in the queue for review.  I also can't see the member list since I'm not yet approved.

           There was someone who had already been doing some scripting work with the client's employer's custom internal software, but this got cut short due to several factors.  He did a great job with the few days he had to work on this.  We're checking to see if he's available first since the client and employer are already familiar with him.  He may not be available, so any pointers to any skilled script programmers are definitely appreciated.
--
Brian

         ~ William James

Mario

is he Doug Lee? another top notch scripter.

[...]

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Brian!

You should inquire with "Virtual Vision Technologies."  They are a professional JAWS scripting company that does computer accessibility work nationwide.

HTH,

Richard

[...]

Shan Noyes

Hi
Brian:

Just wanted to let you know that i saw your post to the jaws script list the other day, so your new message did get through.  Traffic on the list seems to go in starts and stops.  Anyways, the person i would suggest that you should ask about the scripting stuff is doug lee he has a web site at www.dlee.org note he has developed some really cool scripts. He has one for skype for business, as well as another one he wrote many years ago which enables the jaws user to look at the process screen in task manager and navigate it with jaws table commands.

Anyways, i tried sending a lengthy email to this list with a bunch of scripting info that i've found out while starting to script.  Not sure if you got it.  Cause i had written it on my computer and then tried using a webmail interface to send it.  Even though i was logged in as my account that i am subscribed to this list with, the webmail interface changes the who is sending it and hence it bounced i think.  Anyways, can you let me know if you got it.

Anyways, good luck with the scripting stuff.

Have a good dan.

Shan Noyes

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

[...]

Continuing thanks to all who've responded with suggestions.

Shan, I haven't seen anything come into my inbox privately nor to this list that matches your description.
--
Brian

         ~ William James