Problem using Word 2016

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I tried it and that worked for a little while. Eventually it came back.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem using Word 2016

Did you either try a repair or an uninstall and a reinstall of jaws? If not, you might try that and see if it works. Otherwise, I would report it somehow do VFO.

On Jan 31, 2019, at 9:05 AM, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...> wrote:

Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I’m using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann’t even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn’t work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

Ashleigh Piccinino

Did you either try a repair or an uninstall and a reinstall of jaws? If not, you might try that and see if it works. Otherwise, I would report it somehow do VFO.

On Jan 31, 2019, at 9:05 AM, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...> wrote:

Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I’m using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann’t even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn’t work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

Kimber Gardner

I get this behavior with jaws 2018. It happens whenever I switch from
the emulator window to an office app be it word or skype or whatever.

I did contact FS but felt pretty much blown off.

On 1/31/19, Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com> wrote:
I have experienced this problem with Jaws 2019 as well on both my Windows 7
and Windows 10 computers.

As is indicated, unloading and reloading Jaws helps temporarily, but the
problem often returns.

Has anyone contacted FS about this?

I will do so if I can replicate the issue consistently.

Tom Behler

--
Kimberly

Randy Meyer

I have encountered the same behavior in office 365 with Jaws 2019.

Randy Meyer