Topics

Problem using Word 2016

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I’m using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann’t even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn’t work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

Kimber Gardner

Kevin,

I wish I had the answer. I experience the same behavior with the 2016
suite of office apps, except I see the freezing when using an emulator
app called attachmate. It's incredibly frustrating to say the least. I
have reported it to FS, but felt as if I was not taken very seriously.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Ann Byrne

JAWS2019 is struggling with Word for me, as well. sometimes it reports that a page is blank, when NVDA and Narrator can read a pageful of text. Unload/reload is the only solution I have found.

At 09:05 AM 1/31/2019, you wrote:
Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I'm using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann't even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn't work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

mike mcglashon

I have this problem whenst moving word by word;
Jaws2019 word2016 and windows 10;
Jaws will say nothing as I ctrol-left and right arrows;,
Like it loses its place or something.

Mike mcglashon
Email: Michael.mcglashon@...
At 09:05 AM 1/31/2019, you wrote:
Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I'm
using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word
and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or
down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times
I cann't even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the
problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading
Jaws doesn't work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot.
What could be causing this problem.
Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem.
Thanks, Kevin

Tom Behler

I have experienced this problem with Jaws 2019 as well on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers.

As is indicated, unloading and reloading Jaws helps temporarily, but the problem often returns.

Has anyone contacted FS about this?

I will do so if I can replicate the issue consistently.

Tom Behler

Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I’m using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann’t even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn’t work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

Randy Meyer

I have encountered the same behavior in office 365 with Jaws 2019.

Randy Meyer

Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I’m using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann’t even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn’t work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

Kimber Gardner

I get this behavior with jaws 2018. It happens whenever I switch from
the emulator window to an office app be it word or skype or whatever.

I did contact FS but felt pretty much blown off.

On 1/31/19, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:
[...]

Ashleigh Piccinino

Did you either try a repair or an uninstall and a reinstall of jaws? If not, you might try that and see if it works. Otherwise, I would report it somehow do VFO.

On Jan 31, 2019, at 9:05 AM, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...> wrote:

Hello, For some reason I will be in Word 2016 and Outlook 2016. I’m using Windows10 and Jaws 2018. I will flip back and forth between word and outlook. Eventually Jaws has a hard time reading when I arrow up or down. Sometimes I can read the line and sometimes it cannot. Many times I cann’t even move word by word. I can unload Jaws and reload and the problem goes away for a few minutes. Then it comes back and unloading Jaws doesn’t work. I then have to close out of everything and reboot. What could be causing this problem. Microsoft accessibility cannot determine what is causing the problem. Thanks, Kevin

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I tried it and that worked for a little while. Eventually it came back.