From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Donahue
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Microsoft Edge Under Windows 7

Hello everyone,

We'll be upgrading to JFW 2019 on this machine later today. I know that Microsoft Edge runs under Windows 10 but will it work under Windows 7?
We have some Websites we want to try browsing using Edge for accessibility purposes. Otherwise I'll need to get access to a computer with Windows 10, Microsoft Edge, and JFW 2019 installed on it to run these tests. I'm also raising funds to buy myself a new desktop which of course would have Windows
10 and Edge installed. Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue

James Malone

No. Microsoft edge only runs under windows 10.

We'll be upgrading to JFW 2019 on this machine later today. I know
that Microsoft Edge runs under Windows 10 but will it work under Windows 7?
We have some Websites we want to try browsing using Edge for accessibility
purposes. Otherwise I'll need to get access to a computer with Windows 10,
Microsoft Edge, and JFW 2019 installed on it to run these tests. I'm also
raising funds to buy myself a new desktop which of course would have Windows
10 and Edge installed. Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue

Mario

no. Edge works only in Windows 10.

We'll be upgrading to JFW 2019 on this machine later today. I know
that Microsoft Edge runs under Windows 10 but will it work under Windows 7?
We have some Websites we want to try browsing using Edge for accessibility
purposes. Otherwise I'll need to get access to a computer with Windows 10,
Microsoft Edge, and JFW 2019 installed on it to run these tests. I'm also
raising funds to buy myself a new desktop which of course would have Windows
10 and Edge installed. Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue

.

There's really no purpose in focusing on Edge accessibility at this juncture anyway.   Microsoft has already announced that it will be retired and replaced with a browser based on Chromium (which, of course, serves as the basis for Google Chrome browser as well).

Edge is a dead end.

Exactly, although I had not heard that Edge was a dead end, I just assumed Edge would remain Edge, just changed and based on Chromium, but then of course it could very well get a new name. It really doesn’t matter, at this point I don’t see a point to use it since Chrome is superior and has better accessibility.