How do I access "system tray"?

David Pearson

Hi:

Subject says it all. Need to access my system tray using Jaws and would like to know the key presses and whether These are simultaneous or sequential presses.

Thank you in advance,

David S. Pearson

Richard Turner

Try Windows Key plus b, simultaneously.
HTH,
Richard

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
- Alice Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How do I access "system tray"?

Hi:

Subject says it all. Need to access my system tray using Jaws and would
like to know the key presses and whether These are simultaneous or
sequential presses.

Thank you in advance,

David S. Pearson

Maria Campbell

Press Insert key plus f11 simultaneously.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

~ Blaise Pascal ~

On 1/30/2019 3:49 PM, David Pearson wrote:
Hi:

Subject says it all.  Need to access my system tray using Jaws and would like to know the key presses and whether These   are simultaneous or sequential presses.

Thank you in advance,

David S. Pearson

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi David,

Here are 3 ways:
1. From the desktop you can tab  to, Notification Chevron button, and arrow down to see what's in the system tray.
2. Insert + F11.
3. Windows key + B.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:49 PM

Hi:

Subject says it all.  Need to access my system tray using Jaws and would
like to know the key presses and whether These   are simultaneous or
sequential presses.

Thank you in advance,

David S. Pearson

Richard Turner is absolutely correct that WinKey+B throws focus to the system tray, known officially as the notification area.  You'll land on the notification chevron first, which if activated will cause the notification overflow area to pop up showing the icons you don't keep on constant display in the notification area.

Just because it's handy to have:  Windows Keyboard Shortcuts

That page defaults to those for Windows 10 when opened, but there is a dropdown at the top of the page that allows you to get them for Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 as well.