Topics

For a friend Jaws 2019 How to turns off jaws 2019 to run jaws 2018 ?

O.Addison Gethers

Hello All  My friend just had new desktop computer with window 10  in December 8,2018  then with jaws 2018  then 2 or 3 day later her computer tower fall down on the floor messed up her hard drive real bad  so 4 day later the person who brought the new desktop computer had to call Dell computer so computer tower was stilled under the warranty . When she got computer tower back on Dec.23,2018 from Dell company  someone download and installed jaws 2019 without her knowledge she haven’t used jaws 2018 to get experience to use jaws 2018 ,her question is How can she stop or turns off jaws 2019 to turns on jaws 2018 ?

Lee Maschmeyer

Hi Addison,

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start, such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Dave...

Why bother? JAWS 2018 and JAWS 2019 operate just the same, and any new features of JAWS 2019 are pretty esoteric so won't be an issue, either.

Dave

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:32
Subject: For a friend Jaws 2019 How to turns off jaws 2019 to run jaws 2018 ?

Hello All  My friend just had new desktop computer with window 10  in December 8,2018  then with jaws 2018  then 2 or 3 day later her computer tower fall down on the floor messed up her hard drive real bad  so 4 day later the person who brought the new desktop computer had to call Dell computer so computer tower was stilled under the warranty . When she got computer tower back on Dec.23,2018 from Dell company  someone download and installed jaws 2019 without her knowledge she haven’t used jaws 2018 to get experience to use jaws 2018 ,her question is How can she stop or turns off jaws 2019 to turns on jaws 2018 ?

O.Addison Gethers

Hi When she unload jaws 2019 then press window R type in jaws2018 when
she shut down her computer or restart computer jaws 2019 come back on
instead of jaws 2018 I hope I say it right.
Addison

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Dave...

Sounds like JAWS 2018 is not installed any more. Likely the technician
replaced 2018 with 2019. Tell her to move on -- its the same product, just
with more features and less bugs.

Dave

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Mario

Addison, after she unloads 2019 and opens the run dialog, types JAWS2018
and presses enter, does JAWS speak before rebooting the computer? if so,
JAWS 2019 is probably set to automatically start up when windows starts.

as Dave stated, 2019 is better.

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

O.Addison Gethers

Hey Dave I heard when she on her computer with her speaker phone when I ask
her to go on desktop by press window m it's say desktop then I ask her
press letter j one time it's say jaws 2018 then she press letter j again
it's say jaws 2019

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

O.Addison Gethers

Mario when she unloaded jaws 2019 then she press window r type in jaws2018 then jaws 2018 came on then I ask her to restart or shut down computer she restart computer then it's came back on then I ask her to press insert ctrl v to hear the version of jaws it's say jaws2019 not jaws2018

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

Lee Maschmeyer

So she wants to switch permanently to 2018. Once she gets to Jaws 2018 go to the Jaws menu and hit Enter, then enter on Options, then Basics, then tab a couple times to Automatically start Jaws, hit Enter and follow the prompts. Make sure to go all the way to OK before restarting the computer. But I agree with Dave--this should not be necessary. I wonder what's wrong with 2019?

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

O.Addison Gethers

Thank you,she just got new desktop computer window 10 and installed jaws 2018 on dec.7th 2018 !! She did not have no computer after her last desktop computer with window xp in 2012 or 2013 when she was using jaws 7 so she thanks someone who brought new desktop with window 10 so that was her first ime used jaws2018 after e days later her computer tower fall down on the floor she didn't have computer desk to put computer tower on so computer tower was messed up bad on hard drive so she want to get experience with jaws 2018 for 6 months and switch back to jaws 2019 !! Does she need to do the same for jaws2019 before she unload jaws2019 ?
Then she can go back to jaws2018

So she wants to switch permanently to 2018. Once she gets to Jaws 2018
go to the Jaws menu and hit Enter, then enter on Options, then Basics,
then tab a couple times to Automatically start Jaws, hit Enter and
follow the prompts. Make sure to go all the way to OK before restarting
the computer. But I agree with Dave--this should not be necessary. I
wonder what's wrong with 2019?

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Dave...

...those are just the desktop shortcuts.

Dave

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

O.Addison Gethers

Dave I don't think she have keyboard short cut on desktop computer.

...those are just the desktop shortcuts.

Dave

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Joseph Hudson

Hi, I agree with you Dave. Matter fact never I used to use Windows as my computing machine, this is exactly what I would do.

On Jan 30, 2019, at 3:11 PM, Dave... <dgcarlson@...> wrote:

Sounds like JAWS 2018 is not installed any more. Likely the technician
replaced 2018 with 2019. Tell her to move on -- its the same product, just
with more features and less bugs.

Dave

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

O.Addison Gethers

Not really I already explained what I heard on my friend computer she does
have jaws 2018 and jaws2019 on her computer.

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Ashleigh Piccinino

To get draws 2018 to come on all the time, do this. When running draws 2018, go to the start up wizard. The hockey for this, is all age for the help menu when you have gotten into the jaws window. After that, arrow up Until you hear jaws say, “start up wizard…“Then,Press enter to move to the next page. Tab until you hear jaws say Stark draws at the logon screen. This is a combo box, and you should aero to always for this user. After that, keep pressing enter the page through without changing anything. When you have closed the start up wizard, what I would do, is turn off the PC. Turn it back on again, and see if jaws 2018 is the version that’s running. Need anymore help? Feel free to contact either me or anyone else on this group. I was glad to help.
Ashleigh S Piccinino

On Jan 30, 2019, at 3:05 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:

Hi When she unload jaws 2019 then press window R type in jaws2018 when
she shut down her computer or restart computer jaws 2019 come back on
instead of jaws 2018 I hope I say it right.
Addison

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

O.Addison Gethers

Thanks for this and will let you know how it wemt with my friend.

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Dave...

Addison,

No, get this straight -- not key shortcuts, but desktop shortcuts. When on
the desktop, pressing the letter J will jump to any icon with a title
beginning with J. That would mean she hears both JAWS 2018 and 2019,
presuming that both are on the desktop.

Dave

Dave I don't think she have keyboard short cut on desktop computer.

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Dave...

Tracking Number1Z9043870370467692
,

I think you need to either slow down your dictation, or edit your messages.
Got the gist, but pretty obtuse in places.

Dave

My favorite way to quit Jaws is to hit Insert+F4 which puts you on the
OK button to quit Jaws. Then use Windows+R to bring up thee Run dialogue
and type "jaws" (no quotes) and the version number you want to start,
such as jaws2018.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Hey Dave,

And here I thought you were shipping me a nice new woodworking tool and this was the tracking number!