how do you get screen shot of a web page?

David Ingram

Hi, list members, i'd like to know how can I take a screen shot of a specific web page and send it to someone?

Do you use Windows 7 or Windows 10? If it is Windows 10 then just press Windows Key + Printscreen and a screenshot will be saved to a subfolder called "Screenshots" in your Pictures folder.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: how do you get screen shot of a web page?

Hi, list members, i'd like to know how can I take a screen shot of a specific web page and send it to someone?

charleseblack@...

Go into webpage, press Ctrl + print screen, copy with ctrl c, open the place where you wish to put the screen copy, paste the screen copy there ctrl v. Thanks.

Charles E. Black, MS.
charleseblack@att.net

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:31 AM
Subject: how do you get screen shot of a web page?

I need to save this after I put it out here today:

For Any version of Windows:

1. PrtSc (Print Screen) key captures a full-screen screenshot to the clipboard.
  2. ALT+PrtSc captures a windowed screenshot (e.g, only your non-maximized File Explorer, or web browser, or dialog box with focus) to the clipboard.
You can then open any program of your choosing where an image is paste-able and paste away.  Save if necessary, and it probably will be.

For Windows 10:
  1. WinKey+PrtSc will take a full screen screenshot.  This will be placed in the Pictures library, Screenshots folder, in PNG file format.  Files will be named Screenshot(N), where N will be populated with integer numbers starting with 1.
  2. WinKey+ALT+PrtSc will take a windowed screenshot.  This will be placed in the Videos library, Captures folder, in PNG file format.  Files will be named based upon the window title or dialog title coupled with a date-time stamp after that.  [On every machine I've dealt with so far, these screenshots involve the use of Xbox, indirectly, and they've always ended up in Videos\Captures.]

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

I'd actually written this up before.  If anyone wants in in downloadable form as an MS-Word docx file:  

--

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

Hi Brian,

I think we discussed this before, but I have never been able to reproduce your Win Key+Alt+Printscreen command with a screenshot going into Videos > Captures

I just tried it again and that command doesn’t seem to do anything for me and it certainly puts nothing into my videos > captures folder.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: how do you get screen shot of a web page?

I need to save this after I put it out here today:

For Any version of Windows:

1. PrtSc (Print Screen) key captures a full-screen screenshot to the clipboard.
  2. ALT+PrtSc captures a windowed screenshot (e.g, only your non-maximized File Explorer, or web browser, or dialog box with focus) to the clipboard.

You can then open any program of your choosing where an image is paste-able and paste away.  Save if necessary, and it probably will be.

For Windows 10:

1. WinKey+PrtSc will take a full screen screenshot.  This will be placed in the Pictures library, Screenshots folder, in PNG file format.  Files will be named Screenshot(N), where N will be populated with integer numbers starting with 1.
  2. WinKey+ALT+PrtSc will take a windowed screenshot.  This will be placed in the Videos library, Captures folder, in PNG file format.  Files will be named based upon the window title or dialog title coupled with a date-time stamp after that.  [On every machine I've dealt with so far, these screenshots involve the use of Xbox, indirectly, and they've always ended up in Videos\Captures.]

--

Sieghard,

It's not the first time that either one of my machines, or someone else's, exhibits behaviors inconsistent with what I generally see.  But all I can say is the command works on three different HP laptops, a Toshiba laptop all running Win10 Home 64-bit, and an ancient Gateway desktop running Win10 Pro 32-bit.
--

Sieghard,

I just tried it on one of my machines that recently went to 1809, and got a message that "gaming features must be enabled" when I hit WinKey+ALT+PrtSc, and was presented a checkbox to enable them.  Once I did, the screen capture completed.  That's the first time I recall having that come up.

In looking at Settings afterward, it appears this is part of Settings, Gaming, Captures Pane.   There's an entry there that starts, "Save screenshots and game clips in:" followed by the folder name, which happens to be Videos\Captures.

--

Thanks, maybe that is the issue although it’s not really an issue. Anyways, I don’t get any message when I press this key combination to enable gaming features.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: how do you get screen shot of a web page?

Sieghard,

I just tried it on one of my machines that recently went to 1809, and got a message that "gaming features must be enabled" when I hit WinKey+ALT+PrtSc, and was presented a checkbox to enable them.  Once I did, the screen capture completed.  That's the first time I recall having that come up.

In looking at Settings afterward, it appears this is part of Settings, Gaming, Captures Pane.   There's an entry there that starts, "Save screenshots and game clips in:" followed by the folder name, which happens to be Videos\Captures.

--