Topics

Problem with Bitlocker

Denis Sariyannis <denis.sariyannis@...>

Hi all,
does anybody know if it is possible to unlock a Bitlocker partition
with JAWS 2018? Whenever I want to open such a partition the focus
jumps into the password field for a moment but immediately jumps to
another element of the screen. It seems to be impossible to enter a
password there so I have to use NVDA or Narrator to do this right now.

Best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com

charleseblack@...

Sir,

When you press enter on the drive, immediately type your password and press enter. If you tab around, the field is not accessible using JAWS. This should be examined in a future update; security concern for sure.

Charles E. Black, MS.
charleseblack@att.net

does anybody know if it is possible to unlock a Bitlocker partition with JAWS 2018? Whenever I want to open such a partition the focus jumps into the password field for a moment but immediately jumps to another element of the screen. It seems to be impossible to enter a password there so I have to use NVDA or Narrator to do this right now.

Best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

Denis Sariyannis <denis.sariyannis@...>

Thanks. I think I tried that before but maybe I wasn't fast enough. So
I'll check it out again.

[...]

Dave...

How about you have your password copied to your clipboard, ready to paste?

Dave

[...]

Van Lant, Robin

Hmmm... I have bitlocker for my hard drive at work and do not have focus issues, but maybe it's different for just a partition.

does anybody know if it is possible to unlock a Bitlocker partition with JAWS 2018? Whenever I want to open such a partition the focus jumps into the password field for a moment but immediately jumps to another element of the screen. It seems to be impossible to enter a password there so I have to use NVDA or Narrator to do this right now.

Best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Denis Sariyannis <denis.sariyannis@...>

I think it only happens under Windows 10. I haven't found a way to get
around this using JAWS yet.

<Robin_Van_Lant=Key.com@groups.io>:

Hmmm... I have bitlocker for my hard drive at work and do not have focus
issues, but maybe it's different for just a partition.

does anybody know if it is possible to unlock a Bitlocker partition with
JAWS 2018? Whenever I want to open such a partition the focus jumps into the
password field for a moment but immediately jumps to another element of the
screen. It seems to be impossible to enter a password there so I have to use
NVDA or Narrator to do this right now.

Best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the
SUBJECT line.

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi,

I Have this issue as well, there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the focus in the password box and I have tried several times.
Not sure but I seem to remember tryin git with narrator and I had similar issues.
Not sure if FreedomScientific will be able to help with this?

[...]

with Narrator and NVDA it works fine for me. So they should be able to
deliver a fix.

Groups.Io <steven.hicks=nhs.net@groups.io>:

[...]

services
from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional
E-mails'
in the
SUBJECT line.

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS
staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient
data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email
services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch,
https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

Jeff Christiansen

I would report this.
I have the same problem when unlocking an encrypted thumb drive.
Narrator or NVDA will do the trick but JAWS is useless on this task.
I reported my problem and encourage you to do the same.

Jeff C

does anybody know if it is possible to unlock a Bitlocker partition
with JAWS 2018? Whenever I want to open such a partition the focus
jumps into the password field for a moment but immediately jumps to
another element of the screen. It seems to be impossible to enter a
password there so I have to use NVDA or Narrator to do this right now.

Best regards
Denis

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you
received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether
electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of
the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse
or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide
the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114 If you prefer not to receive
future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail
to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the
SUBJECT line.

--
Denis Sariyannis
Mail: denis.sariyannis@gmail.com
Phone: +49 6227 6982766
Mobile: +49 176 66830900

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error
before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and
other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch,
https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Denis Sariyannis <denis.sariyannis@...>

Hi,
I reported it to the JAWS support. Let's see if we get a fix at some point.

Regards
Denis