From: "David Pearson" <dshawnpearson@suddenlink.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 08:40
Subject: couple of questions for list

Hi:

Does the insert/Jaws key say anything(using latest version) when pressed
independently or only in conjunction with another key press?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Mario

using JAWS 2018... I know it's not the latest version, but I don't think
it would behave any differently..., pressing the JAWSKey or insert,
alone or in combination with another key is not announced when pressed.
curiously, when key describer mode, pressing insert with another key is
announced as the JAWSKey plus the other key that was pressed.

Does the insert/Jaws key say anything(using latest version) when pressed
independently or only in conjunction with another key press?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I just checked and when I go to the Jaws Settings Centre and Key labels NumPad 0/Insert is set to speak, but if you press it (the Jaws key) by itself it says nothing and I don't recall that it ever has said anything. It's simply a modifier key like Shift, Alt or Control and none of them say anything if pressed by themselves.

Depends on whether it is muted in the "Manage Key Labels" section of settings.

Dave