Thunderbird Issue

Morey Worthington

Using Jaws 2019, Windows10-1809, and Thunderbird 60.4. If I start typing the word "attachment" while sending a message, Jaws starts saying something about finding the word attachment, what would you like to do..close?? or something real close to that.

Any thought on how to remove this irritating action or how did it start, meaning what might I have done?

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Morey,

           I'm surprised you haven't hit this before now.   This is a Thunderbird setting (and it exists in other e-mail clients) where if the word attach or attachment is encountered when typing text, and you do not have an attachment on the message, it flags that to prevent you from forgetting to put it on to the message.

           This feature can be turned off in Thunderbird.  If you open Options and go to the Composition tab there is a checkbox for Check for missing attachments that should be unchecked.

Morey Worthington

Thanks Brian. That did the trick, and it was harmless...this time..

Thanks again,

Morey

Morey,

           You're quite welcome.  Life with computers often involves getting rid of the latest bells and whistles when those prove counterproductive for our individual purposes.

Marty Hutchings

I haven’t hit this in Windows Live Mail and there have been times that I have sent a message saying that I have attached a document and then I forgot to attach the document.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:32 PM