Silence fusion while using another self voicing program.

Deborah Worstman

Can someone give me the steps to permanently silence fusion while using another self voicing program?
Thank you

I believe it's the same as JAWS, where INSERT+Spacebar, followed by S, is the Speech ON/OFF toggle.  Whatever state it's in it will flip to the other and stay there until you issue the command again or exit and restart Fusion.

My memory is correct, but I also thought I'd point you to this webpage for ZoomText Fusion:  https://www.zoomtext.com/fusion-info-en/

Look specifically for the section entitled:  Switching from Full Speech to Speech On Demand or Mute

I also clearly remember that there is some way to have JAWS (or ZT-Fusion) automate the turning off of speech for you when you fire up another self-voicing program.  I seem to recall something about using application profiles, but it's been ages and I don't have the full documentation handy.   That's the way to go if you find yourself frequently firing up self-voicing programs and wanting JAWS/ZT-Fusion to be silent when they have focus.