Windows 1809 Happened

Morey Worthington

Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come true..goodie-goodie.

Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you whom have had it done??

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Don H

Be careful with the windows cleanup function under disk management. There is now a entry that will delete all your files in the document folder if you check it.

On 1/17/2019 7:04 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come true..goodie-goodie.
Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you whom have had it done??
Thanks,
Morey Worthington

Hi,
Downloads folder, not Documents.
Also, the toast command has changed - you now need to press Windows+Shift+V to move focus to the currently visible toast notification unless you wish to view a history of things you've copied to the clipboard.
Cheers,
Joseph

Be careful with the windows cleanup function under disk management.
There is now a entry that will delete all your files in the document folder if you check it.

On 1/17/2019 7:04 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and
Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come
true..goodie-goodie.

Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you
whom have had it done??

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Don H

My bad it is the downloads folder not documents folder.

On 1/17/2019 7:11 PM, Don H wrote:
Be careful with the windows cleanup function under disk management. There is now a entry that will delete all your files in the document folder if you check it.
On 1/17/2019 7:04 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come true..goodie-goodie.

Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you whom have had it done??

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Do you mean Disk Cleanup? I have no such option to delete files in Documents.

Be careful with the windows cleanup function under disk management.
There is now a entry that will delete all your files in the document
folder if you check it.

On 1/17/2019 7:04 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and
Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come
true..goodie-goodie.

Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you
whom have had it done??

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Curtis Delzer

I am in a world of hurt because my 1809 update deleted ALL my stuff in program files, (both 32 and 64 bit) user files, everything in documents, just leaving the directories not Microsoft related on my hard drive. All my mail was gone since it was under my documents, all my downloads obliderated since it was under users, no restore points at all, just a directory called “windows.old,” which only had my previous user name and nothing else hidden. GAD! So be careful, I am tracking down old stuff I am truly needing like email, and fortunately I do have a lot of it since I use OpenDrive to backup stuff, but I have to run down installers for such as nvda, jaws, and get some keys for jfw since I might need a couple. :) yike!

Curtis Delzer
H.S.
WB6HEF
San Bernardino, CA
_____
SENT! From Curt’s iPhone!

On Jan 17, 2019, at 5:04 PM, Morey Worthington <worthington@...> wrote:

Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come true..goodie-goodie.

Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you whom have had it done??

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

David Moore

Hi Curtis!

I am so sorry!

I can’t say this enough.

Back up everything you have on two or three good external drives, and if you can, back up everything to the cloud as well.

Keep one of your external drives in a safe deposit box.

That is how important our stuff is, and later builds of Windows 10 has been deleting stuff.

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Chris Hill

Don’t do anything to the machine before you talk to Microsoft this is a known issue and the data is probably not gone

On Jan 27, 2019, at 15:53, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Curtis,

Call Microsoft Accessibility because there's supposed to be a way to recover your data but, don't do anything to your computer until you talk to them.
Phone#: 1-800-936-5900

TTY#: 1-800-892-5234

Monday thru Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM, easter time

Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, eastern time
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.