Topics

jaws19 and copying tekst

William Windels

Hello,

I would copy tekst from a webpage that can’t be selected with the cursor.

In Apple voiceover, tehere is a very usefull function for such situations: copying the last spoken blok of tekst tot he clipboard.

In jaws I can’t find this at the moment.\

Is there a script , other function or workaround to copy tekst tot he clipboard that isn’t reachable with the cursor?

Kind regards,

William

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

dan <oxo404@...>

jaws + spacebar then h

On 17/01/2019 09:46, William Windels wrote:

Hello,

I would copy tekst from a webpage that can’t be selected with the cursor.

In Apple voiceover, tehere is a very usefull function for such situations: copying the last spoken blok of tekst tot he clipboard.

In jaws I can’t find this at the moment.\

Is there a script , other function or workaround to copy tekst tot he clipboard that isn’t reachable with the cursor?

Kind regards,

William

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

Mario

William, you can access the speech history (insert+spacebar then h),
select and copy what JAWS has said, and press escape to close the
virtual window. keep in mind that the last 50 entries are retained for
this feature, and phrases that JAWS does speak may not be retained as
one whole entry, so grab the text you want before it scrolls away.

I would copy tekst from a webpage that can’t be selected with the cursor.

In Apple voiceover, tehere is a very usefull function for such
situations: copying the last spoken blok of tekst tot he clipboard.

In jaws I can’t find this at the moment.\

Is there a script , other function or workaround to copy tekst tot he
clipboard that isn’t reachable with the cursor?

Kind regards,

William

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

The command mentioned brings up Jaws speech history.

If you want to use it for a larger block of text I wanted to add that it makes sense to first clear speech history with Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by Shift + H. Then let Jaws read the text and bring up speech history with Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by H. Now you can copy all or some of the text showing in the virtual viewer.

is the

On 17/01/2019 09:46, William Windels wrote:

Hello,

I would copy tekst from a webpage that can’t be selected with the cursor.

In Apple voiceover, tehere is a very usefull function for such situations: copying the last spoken blok of tekst tot he clipboard.

In jaws I can’t find this at the moment.\

Is there a script , other function or workaround to copy tekst tot he clipboard that isn’t reachable with the cursor?

Kind regards,

William

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

Mark Fisher

Hi - can you also use JAWS Key+Alt+W to virtualise the window if it is not already virtualised such as a control or error message. Have found this quite useful as well as the speech history option depending on the situation.

Mark