google drive and Jaws accessibility?

Lauren Snyder

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Ann Byrne

Check out
http://www.freedomscientific.com/Services/TrainingAndCertification/FreeWebinars

On Wednesday FS is having a webinar on exactly this topic.

At 06:15 PM 10/17/2016, you wrote:
Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Marianne Denning

Absolutely! I teach my students to use it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Michael D. Ulrich <mulrich@...>

I'm not familiar with it, so what exactly is Google drive?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 9:07 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

Absolutely! I teach my students to use it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Lauren Snyder

Can you recommend a tutorial or a short keystrokes list or something that I can use to teach myself how to use it?

Sincerely,

Lauren Snyder, Ph.D.
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:59 AM, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

I'm not familiar with it, so what exactly is Google drive?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 9:07 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

Absolutely! I teach my students to use it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Hi Mike,

Google Drive is Google’s version of Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage/backup service or same from Dropbox. It of course integrates with Google’s other cloud services like Google Docs etc. Here is a Google search result when you put in “What is Google Drive?”:

Google Drive - Cloud Storage & File Backup for Photos, Docs & More

https://www.google.com/drive/

Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more with Google Drive.

Regards,

Sieghard

I'm not familiar with it, so what exactly is Google drive?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 9:07 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

Absolutely! I teach my students to use it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with it, so what exactly is Google drive?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 9:07 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

Absolutely! I teach my students to use it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Nathaniel Kile <heavens4real@...>

NVDA is the most accessible with Drive online, Jaws will do just fine with the desktop version. I was at the training avent with Google two weeks ago in Baltimore and the topic was covered. Jaws will get you around, but NVDA is taylored for drive and its related apps.

Here is the link to the Google page for Google drive and its accessibility related information, https://support.google.com/a/answer/1631886 It is now called G suite and this is the oficial page for access supported software.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...> wrote:
NVDA is the most accessible with Drive online, Jaws will do just fine with the desktop version. I was at the training avent with Google two weeks ago in Baltimore and the topic was covered. Jaws will get you around, but NVDA is taylored for drive and its related apps.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

Marianne Denning

Google Drive is a method of file sharing. Schools use it a lot. I think some businesses use it too. Two or more people can be editing in a document at the same time. It has Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Nate, which Internet browser is the best with Google Drive?  I use Firefox.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...> wrote:
Here is the link to the Google page for Google drive and its accessibility related information, https://support.google.com/a/answer/1631886 It is now called G suite and this is the oficial page for access supported software.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...> wrote:
NVDA is the most accessible with Drive online, Jaws will do just fine with the desktop version. I was at the training avent with Google two weeks ago in Baltimore and the topic was covered. Jaws will get you around, but NVDA is taylored for drive and its related apps.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is Jaws 17 accessible for use on Google Drive?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Nathaniel Kile <heavens4real@...>

Fire Fox is indeed the Google recommended browser for Google Drive. I work on about five different stations throughout the week and am noticing more and more that FF is definitely a much more screen reader friendly browser than IE.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 7:46 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:
[...]

Teddybear

I use google drive on desktop. But, why I couldn’t upload the files?  If I want to upload the files, I must use google chrome to go to google drive on web and upload the files.

Nate, which Internet browser is the best with Google Drive?  I use Firefox.

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

You can not upload files from the desktop, there is no need to, you just drop the files into your desktop Google drive folder and the files will show up on your desktop Google drive as well as your online Google drive, this is as long as you have an internet conection to allow the files to upload from your desktop G drive and have not turned off automatic sink. Does that answer your question?