From: Mike B. [mailto:mb69mach1@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 16:55
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Fw: Sound Extension For Downloading In Chrome

Howdy Y'all,

I finally found an extension that plays a sound when a download is complete.  Info is below:

Extension

Download Notifier
offered by ehaagwlke
(83)
Category: Productivity
4,514 users
Added to Chrome
Share

OVERVIEW
OVERVIEW
REVIEWS
REVIEWS
SUPPORT
SUPPORT
RELATED
RELATED

Compatible with your device
You get a desktop notification while your downloading finished.
0.0.5
I get the time to make the 'play a sound when download finished' feature configurable. And you also can decide whether the default download shelf should
display or not (though I prefer NOT).

Another change is, there will be more than one notification card displayed.

All things now could be configured via options page.

**********
V0.0.4
Here comes three new things:
1. The "Open" button now can be used
2. While one download finished, it would play a sound (not configurable for now)
3. The icon would be visible even if you are using a pure black theme

and one more thing (might be buggy):
- sometimes Chrome thought the file downloaded would be harmful, once this happened, this extension will prompt to ask for your confirmation, and this
will be done on the chrome://downloads page. And, this feature might be buggy, if
you encounter any problem, contact or email me. Thank you.

**********

This extension does two things:

1. Disabled the download shelf. Yes, I personally do not like it. So when I get the change, I just disabled it. You will get a badge while something is
downloading. Sorry no progress bar available for now.

2. Display a desktop notification when your downloading finished, and you could find it by one simple click.

TODO(May be implemented in future, may not):

1. An animated browser action icon which could show the downloading progress

2. A "OPEN" button on the notification card -- depends on whether Google would allow me to do so. [V0.0.4 added]

3. A popup shows all the downloads -- actually it was almost there, if there had not been some annoying bugs.
Report Abuse
Version: 0.0.5
Updated: June 21, 2015
Size: 1.73MiB
Languages: See all 2

Take care.
Mike

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Paul. The AdOn for firefox which notifies you of downloads is called, Navigational Sounds, and can be found at the following link: