Help File For ITunes

Annabelle Susan Morison

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

Annabelle,

Try installing iTunes with the .exe file from:

www.ninite.com

I always use this as it just installs the program without any other junk. Regarding the help menu, I just checked it and I can read parts of it but generally most is written for sighted folks which is not that helpful for us.

See if you can get this installed from there and then we can try to get it set up so you can use

Al

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Annabelle Susan Morison

Will it work with the version of JTunes that I have?

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

I would think so, it is just the regular iTunes but without any of the extra things sometimes that get installed with a program as well, i.e. toolbars, etc.

Al

Will it work with the version of JTunes that I have?

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Annabelle,

I just tried the Help file in iTunes 12.5.1, I am running Windows 10 and the Jaws 18 Beta and it seems to work fine. I am not at home right now and have a pretty slow internet connection and it took several minutes for the HTML page to load, but once that was done Jaws read the table of contents and while the items there are not announced as links, pressing enter on, for example, “Syncing Overview” does load the text and I was able to read it with Jaws and followother links given.

Regards,

Sieghard

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Alan,

I didn’t know about this website, I am just trying it out by installing NVDA and Skype. Also, I commented earlier that this wouldn’t take into consideration whether you have a 64 Bit version of Windows when somebody provided a link which directly downloaded iTunes from this site. When I read through what was available I did now see that there is a note explaining that 64 Bit versions of software are downloaded if you use a 64 Bit version of Windows so I take back what I said earlier.

Regards,

Sieghard

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Hi Al,

I’d like to know if there’s a cheat sheet of sorts, for all of the keyboard commands for navigating ITunes with JAWS?

Thanks…..Mike

I wonder, why don't they have a regular help file, like a .chm for ITunes 12, like they used to have for older versions? Every time I try to access the help section, JAWS won't read what's on the screen.

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

Mike,

Not that I’m aware of