From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>
Date: Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 21:33
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: bullets in word 2016

Hello, I’m using windows 10, Jaws 2018 and word 2016. I want to remove the bullets from a document. I highlight the entire document, bring up the menu and from the home tab, I tab down to bullets. If I press the space bar it takes me back to the document. I never get a list of the various bullets. I want to select “none”. I then try using the enter key. Same thing, takes me back to the document. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks, Kevin

Ann Byrne

In Word 2010, bullets are still on the applications menu. There is a submenu to open with right arrow where you can get into the bullet grid and tell it "none'>

At 08:33 PM 1/12/2019, you wrote:
Hello, I'm using windows 10, Jaws 2018 and word 2016. I want to remove the bullets from a document. I highlight the entire document, bring up the menu and from the home tab, I tab down to bullets. If I press the space bar it takes me back to the document. I never get a list of the various bullets. I want to select "none". I then try using the enter key. Same thing, takes me back to the document. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks, Kevin

I will report on the test I just did, and the results are as I expected.

In Word 2016 you cannot just select the entire document and remove all bullets.  You can select bulleted lists in their entirety and then remove the bullets, but if you have other text selected at the same time it does not work, even if that's a single line of text above or below the list.  This makes sense to me as the controls related to lists, bulleted or otherwise, are supposed to apply only to lists and not to other text.

ALT+H,U takes you straight to the bulleted list control and I always land on the bullet I'm currently using inside the control itself.  None is presented in the collection of bullet types, and if chosen when a bulleted list is selected will "de-bullet" and de-list it.

MohammadAfzal

Hi,

Do one think copy whole document and paste on notepad. .

cheers.

--
Mohammad Afzal Khan.
Mobile :91 - 9718806099