Topics

JAWS And SuccessFactors Recent Upgrade To Fiori Home Page #jaws

Mark Fisher

Hi, I'm keen to know if any users are involved in working with SuccessFactors, a cloud based HR solution which is part of the SAP suite.

Recently, there has been a push to move all clients to the new Home Page which is based on their Fiori look and feel. This has resulted in a reduction in accessibility via JAWS (Using JAWS 19). Entering the screen will always trigger JAWS to move in to Application mode. Whilst their is stil some accessiblity through a menu and a search box, access to the details on the creen  which is layed out as a series of tiles appears not to be possible unless you use mouse echo mode.

Has anyone else using SF noticed this and if so, can I make contact to look at raising a request with SAP with some support to improve accessibility here. Alternitively, what tricks are people using to get round this?

Mark Fisher
Principal, HR Systems
Water Corporation (Western Australia)
(M) +61 413 887 323

Jonas Voll

Did you try your touch cursor?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

[...]

We are using Windows 7 at work (go figure) and I'm not sure I have touch cursor available on my desktop version of JAWS. I'll have to check that out.

Cheers
Mark

Mark Fisher

Hi - tried activating the touch cursor however all this did was changed the colour of the screen but would not read anything. As mentioned, I don't have a touch screen on the work computer. Open to other suggestions.

Cjeers

Mark Fisher