Topics

JAWS And SuccessFactors Recent Upgrade To Fiori Home Page #jaws

Mark Fisher

Hi, I'm keen to know if any users are involved in working with SuccessFactors, a cloud based HR solution which is part of the SAP suite.

Recently, there has been a push to move all clients to the new Home Page which is based on their Fiori look and feel. This has resulted in a reduction in accessibility via JAWS (Using JAWS 19). Entering the screen will always trigger JAWS to move in to Application mode. Whilst their is stil some accessiblity through a menu and a search box, access to the details on the creen  which is layed out as a series of tiles appears not to be possible unless you use mouse echo mode.

Has anyone else using SF noticed this and if so, can I make contact to look at raising a request with SAP with some support to improve accessibility here. Alternitively, what tricks are people using to get round this?

Mark Fisher
Principal, HR Systems
Water Corporation (Western Australia)
(M) +61 413 887 323

Jonas Voll

Did you try your touch cursor?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of fishsilv@...
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 5:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS And SuccessFactors Recent Upgrade To Fiori Home Page #jaws

Hi, I'm keen to know if any users are involved in working with SuccessFactors, a cloud based HR solution which is part of the SAP suite.

Recently, there has been a push to move all clients to the new Home Page which is based on their Fiori look and feel. This has resulted in a reduction in accessibility via JAWS (Using JAWS 19). Entering the screen will always trigger JAWS to move in to Application mode. Whilst their is stil some accessiblity through a menu and a search box, access to the details on the creen  which is layed out as a series of tiles appears not to be possible unless you use mouse echo mode.

Has anyone else using SF noticed this and if so, can I make contact to look at raising a request with SAP with some support to improve accessibility here. Alternitively, what tricks are people using to get round this?

Mark Fisher

Principal, HR Systems

Water Corporation (Western Australia)

(M) +61 413 887 323

Mark Fisher

Hi
We are using Windows 7 at work (go figure) and I'm not sure I have touch cursor available on my desktop version of JAWS. I'll have to check that out.

Cheers
Mark

Mark Fisher

Hi - tried activating the touch cursor however all this did was changed the colour of the screen but would not read anything. As mentioned, I don't have a touch screen on the work computer. Open to other suggestions.

Cjeers

Mark Fisher