From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:47 AM
To: JFW <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Silencing Certain Keys

Someone asked me the other day how to silence certain keys such as TAB and ENTER. I mistakenly told them to delete the items from KM. I think I got to them in time to tell them that this was the wrong thing to do.
So, is changing it in one of the verbosity settings the right thing to do?

Steve Matzura

I  should not have posted this message. About two minutes after I did that, I remembered how to do it--key labels.

On 1/10/2019 9:47 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
Someone asked me the other day how to silence certain keys such as TAB and ENTER. I mistakenly told them to delete the items from KM. I think I got to them in time to tell them that this was the wrong thing to do. So, is changing it in one of the verbosity settings the right thing to do?

Steve Matzura

Yup. That's what I remembered, and it works a treat.

If you are talking about Jaws do the following:

Press Jaws Key + 6 for the Settings Centre
Press Control + Shift + D to open the Default Settings
Type "Key Label" in the search field and tab once, arrow down once to "Manage Key Labels" and press the spacebar to open this.
You now have 84 options and you can arrow down and set things like the tab key to speak or mute, first letter navigation also works.

Regards,
Sieghard