accessing WebEx meetings and shared screens

shanti aaron

I have had many occasions to access WebEx meetings and have had no difficulties using JAWS to respond to a meeting invite and sharing my screen. However, I now am encountering difficulties  in accessing a meeting where the screen is shared by someone else in the meeting. I am not able to access the screen and wanted to ask if the screen would not be accessible to me with JAWS. Additionally, if I share my screen, can one of the participants access my screen to provide edits?

Thanks,
Shanti

James Homuth

Sharing someone else’s screen is not accessible, no. I’m not even certain that would be if you had JAWS installed on both systems in a remote access configuration—possibly someone else can shed a wee bit more light on that. But no, you’ll have no problem sharing your own screen, but you won’t see someone else’s shared screen.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of shantiaaron@...
Sent: January-09-19 9:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: accessing WebEx meetings and shared screens

I have had many occasions to access WebEx meetings and have had no difficulties using JAWS to respond to a meeting invite and sharing my screen. However, I now am encountering difficulties  in accessing a meeting where the screen is shared by someone else in the meeting. I am not able to access the screen and wanted to ask if the screen would not be accessible to me with JAWS. Additionally, if I share my screen, can one of the participants access my screen to provide edits?

Thanks,
Shanti

Don Mauck

If I understand your question, you will not be able to read someone else’s screen, at least I’ve never been able to.

Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:51 AM

Thanks,
Shanti

Bill Tillery

I do not know about other platforms, but in Zoom this can be done with JAWS on a limited basis if you activate the remote feature in Zoom and follow the procedure.  It is limited but doable.  hth

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: accessing WebEx meetings and shared screens

Sharing someone else’s screen is not accessible, no. I’m not even certain that would be if you had JAWS installed on both systems in a remote access configuration—possibly someone else can shed a wee bit more light on that. But no, you’ll have no problem sharing your own screen, but you won’t see someone else’s shared screen.

Sent: January-09-19 9:51 AM

Thanks,
Shanti

Van Lant, Robin

I have been on some WebEx sessions in recent month where JAWS seemed to be voicing powerpoint slides that were displayed, but it’s been a few weeks, so I can say for sure. Tricky thing with screen sharing is that someone could be sharing anything on their end, so there isn’t a way JAWS can just read it. They could be sharing a photo and JAWS would need to be able to OCR that. 

I’ve been communicating with a guy named Sean at Cisco who is a JAWS user.  I reached him via the accessibility@... email address.  Here is the link to the Cisco Accessibility webpage. There are a ton of links on the left navigation, so you’ll want to navigate to the Accessibility heading or open the links list and start from the bottom.  There is a link called something like Unified Communication, that I think will take you to WebEx info.  

Robin

Thanks,
Shanti

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

shanti aaron

Hello to all who have responded so far:  Thanks for your responses and suggestions. Meetings through WebEx is pretty common place in the business community, and challenging for us JAWS users. I appreciate the accessibility link for sisco. I welcome any other suggestions.

Shanti

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: accessing WebEx meetings and shared screens

I have been on some WebEx sessions in recent month where JAWS seemed to be voicing powerpoint slides that were displayed, but it’s been a few weeks, so I can say for sure. Tricky thing with screen sharing is that someone could be sharing anything on their end, so there isn’t a way JAWS can just read it. They could be sharing a photo and JAWS would need to be able to OCR that. 

I’ve been communicating with a guy named Sean at Cisco who is a JAWS user.  I reached him via the accessibility@... email address.  Here is the link to the Cisco Accessibility webpage. There are a ton of links on the left navigation, so you’ll want to navigate to the Accessibility heading or open the links list and start from the bottom.  There is a link called something like Unified Communication, that I think will take you to WebEx info.  

Robin

Thanks,
Shanti

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.