From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:14 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: switching folders in Outlook2016

Hello, I’m using Windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2018. Starting last week I encountered a problem when I switch from the inbox to a different folder. I go to another folder, read a few of the emails and then return to the inbox. When I get back to the inbox it says there are zero emails. I arrow up and down and nothing shows. I page up and down and nothing shows up. I exit Outlook and then try to go back in. When I try to activate Outllok from the desktop or from Cortona, it will not load. I can activate 3 or 4 other apps from the desk and sometimes Outlook will load. Most of the time I have to reboot. My main concern right now is why don’t the emails appear in the inbox after I switch in and out of the inbox? They will only show up after I go out and then back into Outlook. Cheers, Kevin

go back

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Have you tried a simple screen refresh with Jaws Key + Escape?

Hello, I’m using Windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2018. Starting last week I encountered a problem when I switch from the inbox to a different folder. I go to another folder, read a few of the emails and then return to the inbox. When I get back to the inbox it says there are zero emails. I arrow up and down and nothing shows. I page up and down and nothing shows up. I exit Outlook and then try to go back in. When I try to activate Outllok from the desktop or from Cortona, it will not load. I can activate 3 or 4 other apps from the desk and sometimes Outlook will load. Most of the time I have to reboot. My main concern right now is why don’t the emails appear in the inbox after I switch in and out of the inbox? They will only show up after I go out and then back into Outlook. Cheers, Kevin

go back

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Yes, I get this as well from time to time.  If I ALT Tab to another program and then come back the e-mails show.  The mails are there but for unknown reason JAWS says 0.  I have tried changing some settings but never hit on a perfect solution.

Dan

Hello, I’m using Windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2018. Starting last week I encountered a problem when I switch from the inbox to a different folder. I go to another folder, read a few of the emails and then return to the inbox. When I get back to the inbox it says there are zero emails. I arrow up and down and nothing shows. I page up and down and nothing shows up. I exit Outlook and then try to go back in. When I try to activate Outllok from the desktop or from Cortona, it will not load. I can activate 3 or 4 other apps from the desk and sometimes Outlook will load. Most of the time I have to reboot. My main concern right now is why don’t the emails appear in the inbox after I switch in and out of the inbox? They will only show up after I go out and then back into Outlook. Cheers, Kevin

go back

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Thanks and that didn’t work.

[...]

Do you use the retail version of Outlook or the Office 365 version?