Strange problem with chrome

Kimber Gardner

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a weird problem I'm having in
google chrome.

Sometimes when I try to open a web site, everything seems to be
proceeding normally, but instead of the site content all I see with
jaws is a button that says something like view site settings. If I tab
around it tells me something about the content being safe, how many
cookies are active and learn more. I can't get to the site content or
close this message.

What the heck is going on? And more importantly, is there some way to
stop this behavior?

Thanks

--
Kimberly

Mike Rogers

Hi.
I have rthe same problem, occasionally. Also, sometimes all I get is blank. When that happens, I go to the start menu and type default apps. then I revert to Internet Explorer for default for a while. Things eventually return to normal and I revert to chrome. bit of a pain.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 14:45:36 -0500
"Kimber Gardner" <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a weird problem I'm having in
google chrome.

Sometimes when I try to open a web site, everything seems to be
proceeding normally, but instead of the site content all I see with
jaws is a button that says something like view site settings. If I tab
around it tells me something about the content being safe, how many
cookies are active and learn more. I can't get to the site content or
close this message.

What the heck is going on? And more importantly, is there some way to
stop this behavior?

Thanks

--
Kimberly

As per usual, having specific URLs to test with would help out a lot.

Kimber Gardner

Part of the problem is I can't predict when the view settings thing
will happen. For example I was shopping the other day at qvc.com and
repeatedly getting the view settings message. Until I wasn't. I closed
the site three or four times then on the fifth try all was fine.
Sometimes it happens on the gmail web interface, most of the time not.

I know that isn't especially helpful. But the randomness is what makes
this issue all the more maddening.

The message that says how the content of the site has been deemed safe
does feel like it's significant. That why I was curious as to whether
there is some setting that tries to check that sort of thing.

In any case, it drives me crazy. I love Chrome otherwise and have only
been seeing this issue recently.

Kim

As per usual, having specific URLs to test with would help out a lot.

* Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a
well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.*

Kimberly

Mario

using the JAWS cursor, do you find a cancel button? if so, "click" it.
did it go away? if not, try closing the session with a control+w or just
alt+f4 and try to visit and navigate a website.