putting a search query into the start menu search box

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I am using Windows 10. When I press the Windows key and begin to enter a search query such as the letter U for Updates, JAWS says the following:

Check for updates, System settings, Press right to switch preview

What exactly do they mean by switching preview, and are they refering to the Right Arrow when they say

Press right to switch preview

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi,

Yes, right arrow. When you do press right arrow, an embedded Edge browser will show up, displaying top search results.

Cheers,

Joseph

I am using Windows 10. When I press the Windows key and begin to enter a search query such as the letter U for Updates, JAWS says the following:

Check for updates, System settings, Press right to switch preview

What exactly do they mean by switching preview, and are they refering to the Right Arrow when they say

Press right to switch preview

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill,

           What Version of Windows 10?  I have Version 1809, Build 17763.194, and when I do this the right arrow for something noted as settings throws focus to the open option for those settings.  What the right arrow does is move you out of the "search results" list/column and in to a list of things you can do with the current item you have focus on in the search results list.  What that is, of course, varies depending on the type of the search result item itself.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I have the same Windows version as you do.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

           What Version of Windows 10?  I have Version 1809, Build 17763.194, and when I do this the right arrow for something noted as settings throws focus to the open option for those settings.  What the right arrow does is move you out of the "search results" list/column and in to a list of things you can do with the current item you have focus on in the search results list.  What that is, of course, varies depending on the type of the search result item itself.

Bill,

           They do mean Right Arrow, and I'd just give this a try with a few of the items returned.  Once you've right arrowed, if there is more than one option you can down arrow/up arrow to go through them.  To get back to the list of items returned by the search you can just hit left arrow regardless of where you are in the list of options for the single item you're playing with.