Does anyone know whether there are jaws scripts for kendle for pc?

David Ingram

Hi list members, I’d like to know if there are jaws scripts for kindle for pc?  I’ve downloaded the ap but I’m having problems with getting things to work.  I can be reached at dingram269@....  Thank you.

Soronel Haetir

Are you using the accessible version of kindle for PC? If not it can
be downloaded from https://amazon.com/kindlepcdownload-accessibility

Regardless, jaws is not going to read book content, but the accessible
version is capable of self-voicing so long as jaws or another screen
reader is running.

With a book open hit ctrl+shift+c to put the program into continuous
reading mode (the default is single page only), and ctrl+r to start
reading.

Other keys are listed at
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200596280

<mailto:dingram269@...> . Thank you.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Ryan Coverdell

My Pac Mate is being sent in for repair. While it is gone I am using
my Braille lite m40. However, there are times when I might want to
read the contracted Braille books I've downloaded from bookshare.org
on my desktop pc so I can read while eating supper etc. Is there a brf
reader that allows me to read contracted Braille files using Jaws on
my desktop so I can read files from my sandisk flash card that I
already have? I know that with bookshare.org I can download text
versions of books, but I'd like to be able to read books I've already
downloaded and saved without changing their format first. Please
provide me with a link to such a program if it exists.

Thanks,

Ryan

P.S. Windows 7 and jaws 14.

On 12/24/15, David Ingram <dingram269@...> wrote:
Hi list members, I'd like to know if there are jaws scripts for kindle for
pc? I've downloaded the ap but I'm having problems with getting things to
work. I can be reached at dingram269@...
<mailto:dingram269@...> . Thank you.

Charles Krugman

the accessible version of Kindle for PC hasn’t been updated by Kindle/Amazon for anything beyond Windows 7. I had a similar experience when trying to use it a couple of months ago with Windows 10 and had to forego participating in a book discussion group as I didn’t have time to scan the 350 page book. I contacted Amazon about this and while a customer service rep took my complaint and escalated it there has been no action.
Chuck

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 9:55 AM
Subject: Does anyone know whether there are jaws scripts for kendle for pc?

Hi list members, I’d like to know if there are jaws scripts for kindle for pc?  I’ve downloaded the ap but I’m having problems with getting things to work.  I can be reached at dingram269@....  Thank you.

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

I use the iPhone to do Kindle. It works quite nicely.

Cindy

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 9:55 AM

Hi list members, I’d like to know if there are jaws scripts for kindle for pc?  I’ve downloaded the ap but I’m having problems with getting things to work.  I can be reached at dingram269@....  Thank you.

Soronel Haetir

It works fine (or at least as well as on earlier versions of windows)
on win8.1 though.

On 12/30/15, Charles Krugman <ckrugman@...> wrote:
the accessible version of Kindle for PC hasn’t been updated by Kindle/Amazon
for anything beyond Windows 7. I had a similar experience when trying to use
it a couple of months ago with Windows 10 and had to forego participating in
a book discussion group as I didn’t have time to scan the 350 page book. I
contacted Amazon about this and while a customer service rep took my
complaint and escalated it there has been no action.
Chuck

Hi list members, I’d like to know if there are jaws scripts for kindle for
pc? I’ve downloaded the ap but I’m having problems with getting things to
work. I can be reached at dingram269@.... Thank you.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Charles Krugman

that’s nice but I don’t have an IPhone and don’t intend on getting one.
Chuck