Emil program works with Jaws 2019

Luis Difut

Hi friends
I am getting off MS outlook & do not wish to use Thunderbird. Is there an
Email program that works good with Jaws 2019? I am using the latest build of
windows 10 & Jaws 2019.

You can use the Windows Mail app, between Outlook (still the best in my opinion) and Thunderbird there really isn't that much else apart from Windows 10 Mail. I believe a few people still use Eudora and Opera Mail is another option although I never heard anybody talking about that one and how well it works with a screenreader.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luis Difut
Sent: Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Emil program works with Jaws 2019

Hi friends
I am getting off MS outlook & do not wish to use Thunderbird. Is there an
Email program that works good with Jaws 2019? I am using the latest build of
windows 10 & Jaws 2019.

I'm in agreement with Sieghard.   That being said, Windows Live Mail 2012 still works perfectly fine as an e-mail client and with screen readers.  I archived the installer for Windows Live stuff right before it was pulled from Microsoft's site.  You select the programs you wish to install during the install.  If you have interest, the installer (in a zip file) can be downloaded here:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98uELZbPFnOSF8xTzhfYnh4WUU

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Gerald Levy

However, even though WLM works with Windows 10, isn't it true that WLM and Outlook Express must be reinstalled every time Windows 10 undergoes a major update?

Gerald

On 1/6/2019 11:35 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I'm in agreement with Sieghard.   That being said, Windows Live Mail 2012 still works perfectly fine as an e-mail client and with screen readers.  I archived the installer for Windows Live stuff right before it was pulled from Microsoft's site.  You select the programs you wish to install during the install.  If you have interest, the installer (in a zip file) can be downloaded here:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98uELZbPFnOSF8xTzhfYnh4WUU

--

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 12:21 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

isn't it true that WLM and Outlook Express must be reinstalled every time Windows 10 undergoes a major update?

I can't speak to Outlook Express, and would never, ever, suggest that anyone still use it.  It's been a security nightmare for years now.

WLM coasts along from Version to Version of Windows 10 just like any other program I have installed.  I don't know if it might be removed if one is updating from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10, but I'd suspect it might be.  I've always installed after Windows 10 was already in place and it has never been removed at a feature update.

--