FCC Web site and Jaws

T. Civitello

I am trying to read a question and answer page on the Federal Communications (FCC) Web site using Jaws 2019. I can't get it to work. I click on a question and then can’t locate the answer. One time I found the answer using the Jaws cursor but haven’t been able to duplicate it. Here is the Web site:
If some one could figure it out I would  be very appreciative.  Tom

Gerald Levy

I can't figure out how to access the answers on this site with JAWS , either.  But there is probably nothing you can do about it because FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has demonstrated by his words and actions that he is an enemy of consumers and a friend of big business.  Just the other day, he boasted that he was happy that he repealed net neutrality.  So if you contact the FCC to let them know that their site is not accessible, you will probably get nowhere, even though by law, it must be made accessible under the provisions of the ADA.  Besides, most FCC employees have been furloughed because of the government shutdown, which the President has asserted could last a very long time, so there probably isn't anyone you could contact, anyway, until the shutdown is over.

Gerald

On 1/5/2019 2:43 PM, T. Civitello wrote:
I am trying to read a question and answer page on the Federal Communications (FCC) Web site using Jaws 2019. I can't get it to work. I click on a question and then can’t locate the answer. One time I found the answer using the Jaws cursor but haven’t been able to duplicate it. Here is the Web site:
If some one could figure it out I would  be very appreciative.  Tom

Marty Hutchings

I just visited the link in your message and was able to view all answers to the FAQs by just Entering on the question links and hitting the Down Arrow.  I am running JAWS 18, Firefox and Windows 7.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2019 1:43 PM
Subject: FCC Web site and Jaws

I am trying to read a question and answer page on the Federal Communications (FCC) Web site using Jaws 2019. I can't get it to work. I click on a question and then can’t locate the answer. One time I found the answer using the Jaws cursor but haven’t been able to duplicate it. Here is the Web site:
If some one could figure it out I would  be very appreciative.  Tom

Mario

same here. I used Chrome but am using J2018.

I just visited the link in your message and was able to view all answers
to the FAQs by just Entering on the question links and hitting the Down
Arrow.  I am running JAWS 18, Firefox and Windows 7.
Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against
the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to
resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13
I am trying to read a question and answer page on the Federal
Communications (FCC) Web site using Jaws 2019. I can't get it to work. I
click on a question and then can’t locate the answer. One time I found
the answer using the Jaws cursor but haven’t been able to duplicate it.
Here is the Web site:
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/cell-phone-unlocking-faqs
If some one could figure it out I would  be very appreciative. Tom

Also confirmed, I use Chrome and Jaws 2019 and pressing either enter or spacebar on any of the questions/links which all have that "black square" in front of them and are followed by the word "expand and contract" and then arrowing down read all answers. Once or twice when it didn't doing a page refresh with Jaws Kay + Escape solved the problem and the answer was then displayed. I tried this with at least 20 of them and it all worked just fine.