How do I append additional items to the clipboard?

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

Can someone please remind me how to add a 2nd or more item to the clipboard?

Thanks, Keith

Maria Campbell

Press the key combination of insert plus windows key plus c.
If you are using JAWS 17, press space bar plus j, then in the edit field type append. You will get the information on how to do this.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I got this from the Jaws help files, the append text to clipboard
keystroke has changed in later versions of Jaws to, Insert / Jaws Key,
Windows Key, +
C:

Using FSClipboard
FSClipboard extends the functionality of the Windows Clipboard. When you
use the Windows Copy (CTRL+C) or Cut (CTRL+X) commands to place text on
the Clipboard, it replaces any text already there. When using the
FSClipboard feature, text that you copy is added to any text that you
have previously copied to the Clipboard. This allows you to continue
adding text to the Clipboard until you are ready to paste it into a
document. You can only copy text with the FSClipboard feature.

To add text to the Clipboard, select it using the text selection
commands, and then press WINDOWS Key+C. The text is appended to the end
of any text already on the Clipboard. To paste all the text that you have
placed on the Clipboard so far, use the Windows Paste command (CTRL+V).
The text is inserted into your document at the current location of the
cursor. Each block of text that you copied is separated by a blank line.

Note: If you attempt to add the same selection of text to the Clipboard
more than once, the text is not added. This feature is intended to reduce
unintentional duplication.

All formatting is removed from text that you copy using the FSClipboard
feature. This can be useful in programs like Microsoft Word if you do not
want to include styles, numbering, and other formatting information when
you paste text into a document.

If you want to replace all of the text on the Clipboard with a new text
selection, use CTRL+C or CTRL+X instead of WINDOWS Key+C. JAWS asks if
you want to overwrite your previously saved items. Choose Yes to replace
all the text on the Clipboard with the new selection.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Can someone please remind me how to add a 2nd or more item to the
clipboard?

Thanks, Keith

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Maria,

Just to clarify, the keystroke is, Jaws key + spacebar, then, J.  You press the Jaws key + spacebar, let up on these keys then, press the letter, J.
Take care.
Mike

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

This also works in Jaws 16.
Take care.
Mike

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

judith bron

Which of these methods is for Jaws 16?

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Judith

The same one.  Just to clarify, the keystroke is, Jaws key + spacebar, then, J.  You press the Jaws key + spacebar, let up on these keys then, press the letter, J.

Take care.
Mike

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Maria Campbell

Yeah, what he said.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Again Judith,

I'm sorry I replied too quickly before.  The erlier message explains how to find out what a keystroke is.  The append to clipboard keystroke for J16 is, Jaws Key, + Windows Key, + C.
Take care.
Mike

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

We can change this right in the keyboard manager? I hate that keystroke.

It's difficult to evoke, or at least get my fingers in the right position.