excel 2010 and vallidation lists

William Windels

Hello,

In microsoft excel 2010, I use drop down list with vallidation.

So, I should do alt+down-arrow to open the list, select the predefined value with the arrow-keys and then close the list with alt+up-arrow.

It happends very often that jaws is showing nothing while scrolling the dropdown-list but when doing 3 times down-arrow, and then close the dropdown-list, the tird option is selected.

My conclusion is that ms excel is working well but jaws is not showing.

I can’t fiond out allo what’s the problem.

I have jaws18 and jaws2018 and both have the problem.

The excel-window is maximised.

Any ideas what I could test or what can be the problem?

Kind regards,

William

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

Van Lant, Robin

I have not used this feature before, but have occasionally had issues with dropdowns in Excel.  As you arrow down the list, try using Insert up arrow or Insert tab to see if JAWS will read the menu option you are on.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Windels
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:10 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: excel 2010 and vallidation lists

Hello,

In microsoft excel 2010, I use drop down list with vallidation.

So, I should do alt+down-arrow to open the list, select the predefined value with the arrow-keys and then close the list with alt+up-arrow.

It happends very often that jaws is showing nothing while scrolling the dropdown-list but when doing 3 times down-arrow, and then close the dropdown-list, the tird option is selected.

My conclusion is that ms excel is working well but jaws is not showing.

I can’t fiond out allo what’s the problem.

I have jaws18 and jaws2018 and both have the problem.

The excel-window is maximised.

Any ideas what I could test or what can be the problem?

Kind regards,

William

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.