Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 7:04 PM
Subject: installing Malware Bites

Hi listers,

I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Again Shirley,

Sorry, sent my last message prematurely.  Are you trying to install the Free version, or the Pro pay for version with ID & Key Codes?
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

Are you installing the free version or, do you have ID & Key Codes?
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!
I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Hi Mike,

I’m trying the free version.

Shirley Tracy

I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

I should go on to explain here that I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018. Is MB compatible—JAWS friendly? If not, I’ll just forget installing it altogether.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

John Martyn

Hi, you can obviously use optical character recognition OCR with insert space followed by the letters ON then S. Another tactic is to use the built in windows 10 near raider feature which has better access to you I capability which is the user interface. Typically as it stands now, the jaws cursor is pretty useless at this point. It does not recognize the letters or components on the screen. Those windows are designed with strange you I components. Typically it’s a participation window that just says to enhance any experience, and it is good sometimes to participate; however, what you should do is just double check the screen text with OCR. Once OCR is complete on the screen, then use insert are to change restriction to the application to read specifics on the screen. Hope this helps, John PS insert are for restriction changes it to application mode. You can then hit the ski repeatedly to focus in on other areas of what you are trying to read. Cheers!

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

I should go on to explain here that I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018. Is MB compatible—JAWS friendly? If not, I’ll just forget installing it altogether.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Shirley,

Yes, MWB is accessible especially with Jaws versions later than J16.  Below is a brief tutorial for navigating MWB.
Whenever you open MWB you will hear Jaws report various Tabs as you Tab through the interface.  The tabs are Dashboard, Scan, Quarantine, Reports, & Settings
If you press the spacebar on any one of the tabs this selects this tab and now you have to tab many times to get to this tabs options.

Let's take the Scan tab for instance.  If you check this tab., and tab several times you will come to its options for this selection.  Scan Type & Scan
Schedule are its 2 options.  Press the spacebar on which option, then tab to review your choices for the selected option.  When you are through tabbing
through that tabs options you will wratp around to the beginning of the innerface.  Check another tab, and you start all over again tabbing to options
for the selected tab.  This is why I said earlier that the latest MWB is accessible, but requires tabbing like hell to review all the Tabs, options, &
selections.

Your question about selecting Quarantined items is tough to answer because I haven't figured out a reliable & consistent way of doing this, so I use a
combination of OCR, Jaws cursor, & Touch cursor gymnastics, or get someone sighted to select them all & remove!  LOL  LOL

Here's an example I'll use on finding the scan options:
Open MWB and tab to, Scan Tab, press the spacebar to check it.
Tab to, Scan Types, and this should be checked, press the spacebar to check it if it isn't.
Tab to, Threat Scan, and this should be checked by default.  When you tab to this , Jaws should report some information about this scan.  Tab 1 time, this
the Custom scan option, again Jaws should read some info about selecting this scan.  Tab 1 time, and this is the Hyper scan, and again Jaws should read
information about this scan when you tab to it.  If you want to select either the, Custom, or Hyper, scans press the spacebar to select the scan, but the
Threat scan, is probably your best choice and only takes a few minutes to run.
Tab 1 more time to the, Start Scan, button and press the spacebar to start.

If you ran a scan you would select the Reports tab and tab to the table of scans that you would choose from to review its results.  If you want quarantined
items, select the, Quarantine tab....

It is really hard to describe this latest version of MWB, and the way I learned was to wear out my tab key, and pay close attention to various buttons,
comboboxes, and whatever you will come across by selecting the diferent tabs, then reviewing the options of them.

I hope this helps, and I know I probably confused the hell out of you, but the best way to get acclamated with is to spen some time with it, paying close
attention to what Jaws reports.
[...]

When you press enter on the installer the first screen is for selecting your language and English is the default so I'm assuming you want English so, tab 1 time to, Okay, and press the spacebar.  Now another screen appears that is basically all the privacy & licensing mumbo jumbo but, if you listen closely you'll hear Jaws report to agree & install or something similar to press, Alt + A.  So press, Alt + A, and since I didn't want to install it I didn't go any further but, if you just pay close attention Jaws will report any other keystrokes that need to be performed to finish the install.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thanks, Mike.

Shirley Tracy