problem with the facebook mobile site and jfw

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey guys,

So, question. I'm assuming a lot of you use the facebook mobile site.
I'm seeing a huge problem, and wondering if it's site related or
something else. When i go to the mobile site, and click on groups,
none of the groups i am part of show up. All i see is suggested
groups. I'm part of probably 15 to 20 facebook groups on various
topics, but none of them show up. Any ideas?

Astrid van Woerkom

I get the same problem both with JFW and with NVDA, so I’m assuming the problem is site-related. I will ask my husband, who is sighted, to take a look later.

Op 16 dec. 2018 om 16:36 heeft Jed Barton <jedbarton@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hey guys,

So, question.  I'm assuming a lot of you use the facebook mobile site.
I'm seeing a huge problem, and wondering if it's site related or
something else.  When i go to the mobile site, and click on groups,
none of the groups i am part of show up.  All i see is suggested
groups.  I'm part of probably 15 to 20 facebook groups on various
topics, but none of them show up.  Any ideas?

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

ah, well we need to report that, i don't think they realize they broke it.

On 12/16/18, Astrid van Woerkom <astrid@astridvanwoerkom.com> wrote:
I get the same problem both with JFW and with NVDA, so I’m assuming the
problem is site-related. I will ask my husband, who is sighted, to take a
look later.

Astrid
http://bloggingastrid.com/
http://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Op 16 dec. 2018 om 16:36 heeft Jed Barton <jedbarton@gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

Hey guys,

So, question. I'm assuming a lot of you use the facebook mobile site.
I'm seeing a huge problem, and wondering if it's site related or
something else. When i go to the mobile site, and click on groups,
none of the groups i am part of show up. All i see is suggested
groups. I'm part of probably 15 to 20 facebook groups on various
topics, but none of them show up. Any ideas?

Have you tried the regular Facebook site?

[...]

i never use that, always used mobile. The point is, itnever should
have been broken.

[...]

Chris Hill

I'll bet the percentage of people who use the mobile site is in the single digits.

On 12/16/2018 10:51, Jed Barton wrote:
[...]

really you guys use the actual site? I always found it to be very not
jaws friendly, and cluttered. That's why i always used the mobile
site.

On 12/16/18, Chris Hill <hillco@earthlink.net> wrote:
[...]

Using the mobile site is fine, but there are things you can't do there so using the full site can sometimes be better and while it is more cluttered you can definitely learn how to make the most of Jaws navigation quick keys and features to get to where you want to be.

[...]

if you have any suggestions for doing that, by all means, let me know.
I'd love to hear more.

[...]

A lot of blind people use the mobile site, but there aren't a lot of blind people to begin with.  It would be nice if the mobile site was complete and working, but considering how many people are using fb on the desktop site or via an app, don't get your hopes up.

On 12/16/18, Astrid van Woerkom <astrid@...> wrote:
I get the same problem both with JFW and with NVDA, so I’m assuming the
problem is site-related. I will ask my husband, who is sighted, to take
look later.

Astrid
http://bloggingastrid.com/
http://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Op 16 dec. 2018 om 16:36 heeft Jed Barton <jedbarton@...> het
volgende geschreven:

Hey guys,

So, question.  I'm assuming a lot of you use the facebook mobile site.
I'm seeing a huge problem, and wondering if it's site related or
something else.  When i go to the mobile site, and click on groups,
none of the groups i am part of show up.  All i see is suggested
groups.  I'm part of probably 15 to 20 facebook groups on various
topics, but none of them show up.  Any ideas?

Sandra Streeter

Having the same issue...

Sandra
“Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love him.”
― C.S. Lewis

[...]

Sharon

Yea, I noticed that too. None of my groups show up on the mobile site; just suggested groups.
I'm taking three courses using Facebook, and cannot find anything I need anymore. Yesterday morning, it worked fine. Now it's a total mess. How can we report this to Facebook?
Sharon

[...]

Started on Fri., for me.

[...]

JM Casey

Use the report link located (I think) near the bottom of all facebook pages.

Good luck getting any action taken though. M.facebook.com is definitely not a priority for facebook. It took them months and months to fix the line-feed-in-comments problem and they still haven't fixed other things that have been broken.

I know it's a bit of an inconvenience, but consider using the regular site. It's cluttered, certainly, but much more reliable. I don't really bother with it myself because I don't use or care enough about facebook; these days I mostly just use it for private chat and to keep up with certain events. However, I'm not taking any courses as you are.

[...]

Guys....
Try typing in the name of your group in the search field.
It should come up that way.

[...]

Laura Richardson

Me too ......

Laura

[...]

Maria Campbell

I hope everyone is making a report about this issue, as I have.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

~ Blaise Pascal ~

On 12/16/2018 2:28 PM, Laura Richardson wrote:
Me too ......

Laura

[...]

I can't find my groups or courses on the regular site either. And If I actyally do manage to find one, I can't find where to reply or comment. And I used to be able to do that at least a little better than now!
Sharon

[...]

I did that, but once in the group, I couldn't find where I needed to be at all!
I was able to do so earlier.
Sharon