Jaws loading

Don H

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

No choppy speech on my laptop or any of my 4 desktop PC's at my store. Loading seemed to be not as fast as when Jaws 2019 was first introduced, but still faster as with 2018. It takes about 6 or 8 seconds for Jaws 2019 to load on any of my computers whereas Jaws 2018 took easily 15.
any of my

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws loading

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I
don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is
choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

Dave...

Not choppy, but startup seems similar to 17, 18, and 2018. However JAWS is
much more responsive now with the ResearchIt, Find, and other JAWS-related
functions, especially in browsers. They finally fixed that annoying pause
that has been prevalent since JAWS 17. My system is Windows 7 professional,
BTW.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 08:39

John Holcomb II <jhii926@...>

I also do not see a problem with JAWS loading, it loads faster on even my Laptop with a third Gen Core i7 processor with Windows 10 and an SSD.
No choppy speech either.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws loading

No choppy speech on my laptop or any of my 4 desktop PC's at my store. Loading seemed to be not as fast as when Jaws 2019 was first introduced, but still faster as with 2018. It takes about 6 or 8 seconds for Jaws 2019 to load on any of my computers whereas Jaws 2018 took easily 15.
any of my

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:39 AM

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

Chris Hill

Just when entering my pin.  Other than that, it is a lot faster.

On 12/13/2018 10:39, Don H wrote:
One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup.  I don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is choppy for a short while before working well.  Anyone else seeing this?

Dan Longmore

JAWS 2019 seems faster after log in but problems and delays still remain at log on. FS had a lot of hype about start up but not as great as the hype.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:45 PM

Just when entering my pin. Other than that, it is a lot faster.

On 12/13/2018 10:39, Don H wrote:

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

My 2019 is much faster to load at startup!
It could be something else that is delaying your profile loading and not JAWS at all.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: 13 December 2018 16:39

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

DJ

I was hoping that jaws 2019 with start faster on my windows 10 PC also. That hasn’t really been the case. But I did discover though, is that the windows 10 keeps putting a slideshow or picture selection up on the screen. There is a way to click around it, but with no vision, it’s almost impossible.  I think my testimony might be completely opposite from what is now, if I could just figure out how to get that slideshow to stop coming up every time I turn my computer on. Any suggestions?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 3:51 AM Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io <steven.hicks=nhs.net@groups.io> wrote:
It could be something else that is delaying your profile loading and not JAWS at all.

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup.  I
choppy for a short while before working well.  Anyone else seeing this?

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

dennis

i have this problem on a win7 laptop.

On 12/18/2018 11:05 AM, DJ wrote:
 I was hoping that jaws 2019 with start faster on my windows 10 PC also. That hasn’t really been the case. But I did discover though, is that the windows 10 keeps putting a slideshow or picture selection up on the screen. There is a way to click around it, but with no vision, it’s almost impossible.  I think my testimony might be completely opposite from what is now, if I could just figure out how to get that slideshow to stop coming up every time I turn my computer on. Any suggestions?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 3:51 AM Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io <steven.hicks=nhs.net@groups.io> wrote:

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Dan Longmore

Not sure how to turn this off in Windows 7.  But in Windows 10 you can change these under Settings. Go to the Personalization tab.  Change your settings under the “Lock Screen : or “Start” tab to keep the start up as clean as possible and this is where you can change the slide show settings. 

Dan  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of dennis
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 12:08 PM

i have this problem on a win7 laptop.

On 12/18/2018 11:05 AM, DJ wrote:

Virus-free. www.avast.com