From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws loading

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I
don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is
choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

Dave...

Not choppy, but startup seems similar to 17, 18, and 2018. However JAWS is
much more responsive now with the ResearchIt, Find, and other JAWS-related
functions, especially in browsers. They finally fixed that annoying pause
that has been prevalent since JAWS 17. My system is Windows 7 professional,
BTW.

Dave

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I
don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is
choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

John Holcomb II <jhii926@...>

I also do not see a problem with JAWS loading, it loads faster on even my Laptop with a third Gen Core i7 processor with Windows 10 and an SSD.
No choppy speech either.

No choppy speech on my laptop or any of my 4 desktop PC's at my store. Loading seemed to be not as fast as when Jaws 2019 was first introduced, but still faster as with 2018. It takes about 6 or 8 seconds for Jaws 2019 to load on any of my computers whereas Jaws 2018 took easily 15.
any of my

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

Chris Hill

Just when entering my pin.  Other than that, it is a lot faster.

On 12/13/2018 10:39, Don H wrote:
One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup.  I don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is choppy for a short while before working well.  Anyone else seeing this?

Dan Longmore

JAWS 2019 seems faster after log in but problems and delays still remain at log on. FS had a lot of hype about start up but not as great as the hype.

Dan

On 12/13/2018 10:39, Don H wrote:
One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I
don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is
choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

My 2019 is much faster to load at startup!
It could be something else that is delaying your profile loading and not JAWS at all.

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup. I
don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is
choppy for a short while before working well. Anyone else seeing this?

DJ

 I was hoping that jaws 2019 with start faster on my windows 10 PC also. That hasn’t really been the case. But I did discover though, is that the windows 10 keeps putting a slideshow or picture selection up on the screen. There is a way to click around it, but with no vision, it’s almost impossible.  I think my testimony might be completely opposite from what is now, if I could just figure out how to get that slideshow to stop coming up every time I turn my computer on. Any suggestions?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 3:51 AM Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io <steven.hicks=nhs.net@groups.io> wrote:
My 2019 is much faster to load at startup!
It could be something else that is delaying your profile loading and not JAWS at all.

One of the benefits of Jaws 2019 was supposed to be faster startup.  I
don't see any real difference but do see after Jaws loading speech is
choppy for a short while before working well.  Anyone else seeing this?

dennis

i have this problem on a win7 laptop.

On 12/18/2018 11:05 AM, DJ wrote:
[...]

Not sure how to turn this off in Windows 7.  But in Windows 10 you can change these under Settings. Go to the Personalization tab.  Change your settings under the “Lock Screen : or “Start” tab to keep the start up as clean as possible and this is where you can change the slide show settings.

Dan