Purchased Access 2016 on Ebay

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Hello, I purchased Access 2016 on Ebay for $11. I was leary about purchasing Access on Ebay at such a low price. I did it anyway. I was then told the package was open and never used. Plus I would get a key to download the software. I would have thought I would get a link to Microsoft. I was given the site – https://bit.ly/2G7Lc0E. If it was never used how could end up on a different site than Microsoft? Any thoughts? Thanks, Kevin

Richard Turner

I have two thoughts and one bit of information.

The info is the .ly extension means the domain is registered in Libya.

  1. I hope you have good credit monitoring.
  2. Run it through a virus scan before and after installing.

Richard

Hello, I purchased Access 2016 on Ebay for $11. I was leary about purchasing Access on Ebay at such a low price. I did it anyway. I was then told the package was open and never used. Plus I would get a key to download the software. I would have thought I would get a link to Microsoft. I was given the site – https://bit.ly/2G7Lc0E. If it was never used how could end up on a different site than Microsoft? Any thoughts? Thanks, Kevin

Shan Noyes

  Have a good day  shan I hope it works out for you but I work in the computer security industry and I am very leery about packages like yes coming from other countries good luck hope it works out

On Dec 10, 2018, at 6:30 AM, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...> wrote:

Hello, I purchased Access 2016 on Ebay for $11. I was leary about purchasing Access on Ebay at such a low price. I did it anyway. I was then told the package was open and never used. Plus I would get a key to download the software. I would have thought I would get a link to Microsoft. I was given the site – https://bit.ly/2G7Lc0E. If it was never used how could end up on a different site than Microsoft? Any thoughts? Thanks, Kevin

Mario

no, it is a bit.ly link which is a web address shortener which refers to
https://officecdn.microsoft.com/... link, so it looks to be legit. but
I'd be caucious and heed Richard's recommendation anyway... just in
case. better to be safe than sorry.

I have two thoughts and one bit of information.

The info is the .ly extension means the domain is registered in Libya.

1. I hope you have good credit monitoring.
2. Run it through a virus scan before and after installing.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip
under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F2G7Lc0E&data=02%7C01%7C%7C459ed558ae9044566e8408d65ea398a5%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636800454058904276&sdata=2%2FIO6dHlVaJ1D8YRLDL%2FzcIKvqAGPr5x2PpmY3LqV7Y%3D&reserved=0>.

If it was never used how could end up on a different site than
Microsoft? Any thoughts? Thanks, Kevin*

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

What do you consider good credit monitoring? I have a credit freeze on all the time. I only take it off if necessary. I paid the $11 through paypal.