pasting multiple items into ms excel

William Windels

Hello,

For me job, I need to collect different parts of a website into the clipboard to paste in ms-excel 2010.

I use the jaws-script AppendTextToClipboard to collect the items into the clipboard but when I paste them in excel, the items are pasted each on a defferent row (below each other).

They should be pasted next to each other.

The transpose feature from ms excel is not solving the problem.

Any idea if I can force this with jaws, a jaws-script or anothe raccessible program on win10?

Kind regards for any responses.

William Windels

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

Debby Hill

Hi William,

I can’t guarantee that this will work 100%, but this is what I would try. Say you want to paste your content in a1 through e1. Do this:

After you get the information on the clipboard go to excel and press control + g which puts you into “go to” screen.

In my example I would type “a1:e1” without quotes and press enter.

Now paste from your clipboard and see what you get.

I hope that helps!

Debby

For me job, I need to collect different parts of a website into the clipboard to paste in ms-excel 2010.

I use the jaws-script AppendTextToClipboard to collect the items into the clipboard but when I paste them in excel, the items are pasted each on a defferent row (below each other).

They should be pasted next to each other.

The transpose feature from ms excel is not solving the problem.

Any idea if I can force this with jaws, a jaws-script or anothe raccessible program on win10?

Kind regards for any responses.

William Windels

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

Scanned by McAfee® Total Protection™ and confirmed virus-free.

William Windels

Hello Debby,

This doesn’t work:

When I past them , excel said taht the data i want to paste has another size and form.

Anyway, I could paste the data but it’s only in one cell with “ ….” Ath then end so, there is more data in the cell but also with f2, the (hidden) data isn’t shown.

Kind regard

William

[...]

You could paste the items into Notepad, then manually put them one after another separated either by a comma or a tab, once finished select all, copy and now paste into Excel.

For me job, I need to collect different parts of a website into the clipboard to paste in ms-excel 2010.

I use the jaws-script AppendTextToClipboard to collect the items into the clipboard but when I paste them in excel, the items are pasted each on a defferent row (below each other).

They should be pasted next to each other.

The transpose feature from ms excel is not solving the problem.

Any idea if I can force this with jaws, a jaws-script or anothe raccessible program on win10?

Kind regards for any responses.

William Windels

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWO

02/506 0 487 (niet bereikbaar op maandag en vrijdag)

Mario

William, to avoid too much tedium, but you could copy each bit of info
that goes into each cell at a time. I don't think there is a way to copy
all of the info you want and paste it in to Excel the way you want, side
by side in one shot, if I understand what you're wanting to do.

you might need to do some tidying up of what is pasted into the cell,
depending on how the info from the website is delineated.

https://secureimages.mcafee.com/common/affiliateImages/mfe/logo.png
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Scanned by McAfee® Total Protection™
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

and confirmed virus-free.

Van Lant, Robin

If u want them in separate columns, then I agree with the use of Notepad .  You can also see if pressing F2 in the cell where you want to paste, then Control V will work  I used this is I am capturing a paragraph or list that I want in one Excel cell.

[...]

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

William Windels

thx all for the suggestions. i made a workaround based on the info i received here.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 10 dec. 2018 om 20:36 heeft Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> het volgende geschreven: