Why is my Outlook not sending email?

Michael Munn

Dear listers this is michael.
I have some problem with Outlook.
Every time I write an emailafter and Press Ault+S to send when I Press Ault and F4 to exit out Outlook it says that I have an email waiting to send in the Outbox. Why is this happening?
What additional key command that I have to press?
All answers are appreciate.
o not answer if you don't know.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn
PS this is my first time asking question in this list serve.
I have a very bad grammar so I ask you all to not laugh at my poor Grammar.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn
Michael Munn
Member:
Virginia Association of Blind students
Member:
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Students of:
Hadley Institute of the Blind
Hadley

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Do you have an attachment that is extremely large?  This may either take a great deal of time or cannot be sent.

Also, on occasion Outlook does not send and the e-mail goes to your draft folder.  (If you close Outlook before sending mails go to Draft folder)

So if all fails close outlook and then try sending the mail again from the draft folder.

Dan

Keep on Smilin 😊

[...]

Also, unless one makes settings tweaks, Send/Receive is cyclic, occurring every so many minutes.  By default Outlook does not do a Send/Receive upon exit, though it can be set to do so.

See:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-send-receive-group-settings-7184F59D-C194-44D7-973A-7AF568A918D0

Now, it appears that this page is not entirely accessible as one image is a screenshot of the Send/Receive Groups dialog, but there is no discussion in the text of the checkboxes that are part of the dialog.  The checkbox that reads, Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting, must be checked if you want that to occur.  It is not checked by default.

If this is not set, and you hit Send for a message earlier, but Outlook has not hit the number of minutes to kick off the next send/receive cycle, you will get the message that there are still messages to be sent.  If you set it then Outlook does one final send/receive as part of the exit process.

Dave...

I'm thinking it should be Ctrl+S? Also try using the F9 key to send/receive all.

Dave

Sent: Friday, December 07, 2018 15:07

[...]

Michal Nowicki

Michael,

Alt S is the correct keyboard shortcut. If the already suggested steps don’t resolve the issue, then Outlook might be having problems connecting to your e-mail server. Make sure that the e-mail account from which you are trying to send messages is configured correctly in Outlook.

Best,

Michal