What does this Image Say?

Annabelle Susan Morison

I'm not sure what is written in this image, since JAWS won't read anything but the image name. I believe it's an Email address, but JAWS won't recognize it as such.

http://www.html-form-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/em.gif

Donna <mermaid7@...>

This is what the photo says.

Donna

On Oct 7, 2016, at 10:25 AM, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:

I'm not sure what is written in this image, since JAWS won't read anything but the image name. I believe it's an Email address, but JAWS won't recognize it as such.

http://www.html-form-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/em.gif

Annabelle Susan Morison

Isn't there an "at" sign in that image? I think it's supposed to be an email address.

I'm not sure what is written in this image, since JAWS won't read anything but the image name. I believe it's an Email address, but JAWS won't recognize it as such.

http://www.html-form-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/em.gif

Annabelle,

           Yes, there is an at sign where Donna has the capital G.  Since embedded e-mail addresses get stripped, at least on the web interface, I'm going to separate the parts:  info at html-form-guide dot com.   There are hyphens between html and form and guide.
--
Brian

         ~ William James

Annabelle Susan Morison

Thank you! I was especially confused as to why the Email address was just an image.

           Yes, there is an at sign where Donna has the capital G.  Since embedded e-mail addresses get stripped, at least on the web interface, I'm going to separate the parts:  info at html-form-guide dot com.   There are hyphens between html and form and guide.
--
Brian

         ~ William James

Annabelle,

          My guess is as a spam prevention mechanism.  The address can't be read by spambots crawling cyberspace trying to collect anything that looks like a legitimate e-mail address they can find.  Since most that do this don't even touch images, that foils them.  Still, a bit of alternate text would have been nice.
--
Brian

         ~ William James