settings screen in windows 10

André van Deventer <andredbsa@...>

Hi all

I just installed Windows 10 today on a new computer and I must say I find the experience quite pleasant.

I have one problem though.

I need to change the file associations.  I can get to the right screen but it is impossible to work on it.  The computer becomes sluggish for a few seconds and if you tab or shift tab on that screen nothing happens.  Routing PC to Jaws simply gives you a blank screen.

This is with Jaws 17.

Any suggestions?

André

Soronel Haetir

Yeah, I experience the same thing you describe, I would suggest you
change file associations by using explorer instead.

Find the file you want to change the association for, bring up the
context menu and then go down to "Open with" then select "Choose
another app".

In the dialog that comes up you can select a program that has already
been used to open that file type and check the "Always use this app to
open xxx"

Or you can select use another app and on that list you can select from
the full list of applications or browse for an executable not on the
list, and again there is a checkbox to always use the select app.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Andre,

           This may (or may not) be a work around, but have you tried getting to the file associations via Control Panel, Default Programs dialog?
--
Brian

         ~ William James

André van Deventer <andredbsa@...>

Seems that is the only to do it.

I'm ashamed to say that nvda seems to read that screen although there is no easy way to get to a certain file. You have to tab a hundred million times to get to a specific file.

Will try the file explorer way though.

Thanx all!

André