Topics

I don't even know how to word this Jaws Question slides while video is playing in Windows Media

Sharon

I need to listen to videos located on a web site. I'm using Windows Media to listen to them. The lecturer refers to one slide after another. Is there a way to capture a slide so I can ocr it? How would I know if the slide changed to a new slide? I'm doubting whether any of this is even possible, but thought I'd ask. Much material is on the slide and he's only verbalizing a small part of the material.
Sharon

Sharon,

Could you possibly share the URL for the videos you're referring to.  In instances like this I tend to find that presenters either make their PowerPoint slides available for download or a PDF equivalent thereof.  It's not always the case, and sometimes "how to find 'em" is not always obvious.  This is particularly true if this information is presented as "silent intro or outro text" on a video presentation.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Sharon,

By any chance are these slides being shown using Power Point?  If they are there's several tutorials available for accessing, converting and saving Power Point files as Word, TXT or other formats.  I don't personally much on reading Power Point files but, if they are Power Point files I'm sure there are many folks on the list that can help.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:07 PM
Subject: I don't even know how to word this Jaws Question slides while video is playing in Windows Media

I need to listen to videos located on a web site. I'm using Windows Media to listen to them. The lecturer refers to one slide after another. Is there a way to capture a slide so I can ocr it? How would I know if the slide changed to a new slide? I'm doubting whether any of this is even possible, but thought I'd ask. Much material is on the slide and he's only verbalizing a small part of the material.
Sharon

Sharon

How would I know if Power Point is being used or not? I don’t even know which window I’d find the slides in. I don’t think there is a separate window for them. It’s just that somehow a person is viewing them while the lecturer speaks, probably through the video on Windows Media.

I think I’d have to access them through the Windows Media program somehow if this is even possible.

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 11:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I don't even know how to word this Jaws Question slides while video is playing in Windows Media

Hi Sharon,

By any chance are these slides being shown using Power Point?  If they are there's several tutorials available for accessing, converting and saving Power Point files as Word, TXT or other formats.  I don't personally much on reading Power Point files but, if they are Power Point files I'm sure there are many folks on the list that can help.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:07 PM

Subject: I don't even know how to word this Jaws Question slides while video is playing in Windows Media

Sharon

Sharon

I can’t make the url public as you can’t even see the slides without a password, and it is a paid course. The pdf slides are not available for download. The only way I could have someone see the url is if they shared my screen through Teamviewer or perhaps Tandum though I doubt it.  

If I ask Microsoft Disability for help, what exactly would I ask them?

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 11:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I don't even know how to word this Jaws Question slides while video is playing in Windows Media

Sharon,

Could you possibly share the URL for the videos you're referring to.  In instances like this I tend to find that presenters either make their PowerPoint slides available for download or a PDF equivalent thereof.  It's not always the case, and sometimes "how to find 'em" is not always obvious.  This is particularly true if this information is presented as "silent intro or outro text" on a video presentation.

--

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

Sharon,

As this is a paid course I would definitely contact the provider directly asking if they have, or can create, the slide content in accessible format.  That is not an unreasonable request.

--