Web Site Access Issue With Firefox 49

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I hope this is not considered off topic, but I’m not sure if the following issue is related to Firefox or Jaws.

Basically, I’m having trouble accessing a web site containing tutorials for the iPhone.

The web site is:

www.voiceover-easy.net

When I try to access the web site via Firefox (version 49.0.1), I get the error message below.  I don’t get this message when trying to access the web site with Internet Explorer 11.

I’m wondering if this is a Jaws of Firefox issue, and how to correct the problem?

Here’s the error message I get when using Firefox:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +213

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +63

[InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "iOS " to type 'Double' is not valid.]

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +226

   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.AddObject(Object Left, Object Right) +478

   VoE.iOS_selector.ddlIOSVersion_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in U:\VoE\VoE\WebControls\iOS_selector.ascx.vb:11

   System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +9776194

   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +32

   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4775

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1069.1

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

anil adivishnu

as far as i know this is not a Jaws problem it is a firefox problem
plees report to the firefox comunity they will fix this problem soon i
reported many problems to the firefox and they have fixed in 2 or 3
versions after so i hope your problem also get fixed thanks

www.voiceover-easy.net <http://www.voiceover-easy.net>

When I try to access the web site via Firefox (version 49.0.1), I get the
error message below. I don't get this message when trying to access the
web
site with Internet Explorer 11.

I'm wondering if this is a Jaws of Firefox issue, and how to correct the
problem?

Here's the error message I get when using Firefox:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Server Error in '/' Application.

----

Input string was not in a correct format.

about

[...]

How do I report this to Firefox?

Have never done that before, and want to be sure I do it correctly.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

[...]

------
----

Input string was not in a correct format.

information about

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a
correct format.

Source Error:

the exception can

Stack Trace:

[...]

+4775

------
----

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319;
ASP.NET
Version:4.6.1069.1

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

And I'll report the exact opposite of Anil.  I have absolutely no problem loading this website in Firefox 49.0.1, Chrome (latest version), MS-Edge, or IE11.

Everything points to a JAWS problem (or JAWS script problem).
--
Brian

         ~ William James

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Based on my experience with recently installed Firefox, I
think it is an access problem, and one that I am not at all
happy with. However, people have said that Internet Explorer
is going to go, also that Firefox is one of the most popular
browsers.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I hope this is not considered off topic, but I'm not sure if
the following issue is related to Firefox or Jaws.

Basically, I'm having trouble accessing a web site
containing tutorials for the iPhone.

The web site is:

www.voiceover-easy.net <http://www.voiceover-easy.net>

When I try to access the web site via Firefox (version
49.0.1), I get the error message below. I don't get this
message when trying to access the web site with Internet
Explorer 11.

I'm wondering if this is a Jaws of Firefox issue, and how to
correct the problem?

Here's the error message I get when using Firefox:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------

Input string was not in a correct format.

execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about

[...]

            If this isn't a JAWS-related problem it could also very well be an add-on related problem.

            If you have any sighted assistance or vision to try loading the page you're having trouble with when JAWS is off, not paused, that would give you the answer as to whether JAWS is triggering the issue on your system.  If it's not JAWS, then turn it back on and start disabling your add-ons/extensions one-by-one to see if this eventually stops.

            Another option would be to start Firefox with all add-ons disabled, which can be done by going to the Help menu and selecting "Restart with add-ons disabled," first with JAWS on to see if that stops the issue and, if it doesn't, with JAWS off.

            If you've still got a problem with both JAWS and add-ons off I'd first suggest clearing the Firefox browser cache to see if that fixes it.  If not I'd try reinstalling Firefox, JAWS, or both to see if that fixes it.

            'Tis the nature of diagnostic troubleshooting.
--
Brian

         ~ William James