Topics

Jaws with Microsoft 365

Angie Goodnight <agoodnight@...>

Good morning all,

I am considering  upgrading my Microsoft to 365. Can you please tell me how well it works with Jaws 2019, or tlet me know if it does not work well with Jaws.

Thank you,

Angie Goodnight

Richard Turner

I have been using Microsoft Office 365 for a couple of years now and it works great with Jaws.  I personally am using Jaws 2018 as I find some things in Jaws 2019 to not work well on my machine that I do not need to detail here since I’ve mentioned them in other posts.

Some improvements were made in Jaws 2019 that work better with Office 365.

HTH,

Richard

I am considering  upgrading my Microsoft to 365. Can you please tell me how well it works with Jaws 2019, or tlet me know if it does not work well with Jaws.

Thank you,

Angie Goodnight

Ann Byrne

Office 365 requires different shortcuts than the regular office programs. Check out the free webinar on the JAWS resources page.
1. Go to the JAWS screen, insert+j
2. Press alt+h (help)
3. press r (resources)
4. Press w (free webinars)
5. press enter.

The office 365 webinar will tell you more than you want to know.

Ann

Michal Nowicki

I believe that's true only if you use the web apps. However, since Office
365 allows access to the full desktop apps in addition to the online apps,
this should not be an issue. For anyone who uses Office 365 with JAWS, I
strongly recommend the desktop apps over the web interface. The desktop apps
continue to offer better functionality not only with respect to
accessibility, but also with respect to supported features.

Best,

Michal