DECtalk ACCESS32 and JAWS, was RE: Please remind me where to din and how to download voices

Josh Kennedy

You have to edit the manifest.ini file found in:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\DECtalk py3 bundle 2022

edit manifest.ini using notepad.

And edit the last tested NVDA version line so that it reads like this.

lastTestedNVDAVersion = 2022.1

you can also experiment, you could change it to maybe 2052.2 so that way decTalk may work for a few decades to come. and then save the file with control s, s as in sam. then try using decTalk again.

But I wish these decTalks would work with jaws2022 and above.

Curtis Delzer

I cannot get the add-on to work with the newer versions of NVDA. Heavens knows I grew up with computers and DecTalk.

On 6/16/2022 8:00 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

I always thought Keynote Gold sounded like someone with a sock in their mouth.
I used it on some notetaker a long time back I believe.