This feature is so cool.

Michael Munn

I don't know if you all know this feature in Jaws.
I just done surfing a Web page that's in UK.
Jaws has the ability to read this Web page in UK Daniel.Check it out.
PS Make sure you have your Vocalizer Expressive Voice set as default.
Michael Munn
Member:
Virginia Association of Blind students
Member:
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Students of:
Hadley Institute of the Blind

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 03:50 PM, Michael Munn wrote:
I just done surfing a Web page that's in UK.
Jaws has the ability to read this Web page in UK Daniel.
Do you mean "automatically" switching to a UK English voice?  Otherwise, I'm not certain about what's cool here.  I've been using UK English voices, though not with the Vocalizer Expressive synthesizer, in JAWS and NVDA for some time now, but I have to switch to them.

Cristóbal

It depends entirely on how the site was written. What HTML tags or keyboard language or whatever. If you’ve got the Jaws detect language settings enabled and the page is properly coded, you’ll get this effect. More often than not though, this isn’t the case and Jaws gets all jacked up. A site in Spanish being spoken with an American English synth, British a UK domain being spoken in French, etc. Truthfully, for multi-language users, it’s easier to disable the language detect setting and manually switch over to the desired synth language.

Cristóbal

I don't know if you all know this feature in Jaws.

I just done surfing a Web page that's in UK.

Jaws has the ability to read this Web page in UK Daniel.Check it out.

PS Make sure you have your Vocalizer Expressive Voice set as default.

Michael Munn

Member:

Virginia Association of Blind students

Member: