Removing focus from a particular icon on the desktop

Kimber Gardner

Hi all,

I am attempting to create a shortcut on my windows 10 desktop. The
directions say to remove focus from a particular icon and move it to
the desktop either F5 or alt spacebar should work. But when I try
these key combos then use jaws key plus tab to verify, I find focus is
still on the icon where I started. I seem to be unable to move to the
desktop itself.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Press ctrl+space. That focuses on the desktop as a whole rather than on any icon.

I am attempting to create a shortcut on my windows 10 desktop. The
directions say to remove focus from a particular icon and move it to
the desktop either F5 or alt spacebar should work. But when I try
these key combos then use jaws key plus tab to verify, I find focus is
still on the icon where I started. I seem to be unable to move to the
desktop itself.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

ely.r@...

Control + spacebar is a toggle.
Rick

I am attempting to create a shortcut on my windows 10 desktop. The directions say to remove focus from a particular icon and move it to the desktop either F5 or alt spacebar should work. But when I try these key combos then use jaws key plus tab to verify, I find focus is still on the icon where I started. I seem to be unable to move to the desktop itself.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kim

--