Papenmeier Braillex EL prevents jaws from detecting other braille displays

Delaunay Christophe

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your fast response. Here is the workaround I could find if I want to easily go for a meeting:

Jaws is configured with the VarioUltra as default braille display. With such a configuration, if the VU is plugged in at the time jaws is started, or even after, it will be detected. The good thing is that if the PC is on my desk and the Braillex is plugged in while the Varioultra is unplugged, it is detected and used as the “current braille display”.

Problem is that if I unplug the Braillex, Varioultra cannot be used as “current braille display” until I restart Jaws.

In other words, I can swith from Varioultra to Braillex by simply unplugging the Varioultra and then plugging the Braillex. However, I cannot switch back from Braillex to VarioUltra by unplugging the Braillex and then plugging the Varioultra.

Hope I was clearer this time. Many thanks. Have a nice week-end. Chris D