JAWS 2019 disc

John Doering

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving:

Before I contact SF, does anyone on the list know if SF will be mailing out JAWS 2019 program discs to persons who have updates coming on their SMAs?

Thanks,

John Doering

Administrative Pricing Asst

p. 4147783040 Extn:4063  t. 800-642-8778

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

Don H

I contacted support and they said they would be sending out discs for 2019

*
p.4147783040 Extn:4063t.800-642-8778
*
NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

John Doering

Thanks, did they say when the mailing would start?

Regards,

[...]

What a waste of resources. I really wish they would at least ask their users who wants a disk and who doesn't. I eventually get the disk and I throw it straight into the trash bin, another piece of plastic to go into the landfill since I have never heard they take CD's for recycling.

[...]

Why don't you just download it, by the time you get the disk the version you get is already out of date anyways and you will have to update.

[...]

Dave...

Agree. And you can't even shred them unless you have an industrial-strength
document shredder.

Dave

[...]

Michael Munn

I called Vispero yesterday and they said the shipment for the SMA will be shipping Nextweek due to some delay.
I don't think it's a good idea to discontinue the Disk shippment. I prefer receiving my SMA
via DVD.

You are right  the waste of resource
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

John Doering

Thanks for the info.

John Doering

Administrative Pricing Asst

p. 4147783040 Extn:4063  t. 800-642-8778

I called Vispero yesterday and they said the shipment for the SMA will be shipping Nextweek due to some delay.

I don't think it's a good idea to discontinue the Disk shippment. I prefer receiving my SMA

via DVD.

You are right  the waste of resource

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Cook, Steve

I agree. To me you should have to call in and request a disc.

Steve Cook, CPM
Assistive Technology Consultant
SC Commission for the Blind
1430 Confederate avenue
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: (803) 898-8788
Fax: (803) 898-8882
[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Why would you need to shred a JAWS DVD? It has no private information on the
DVD that in any way would compromise you, except for your name and address
on the CD envelope. This you can shred with a regular document shredder

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

use them as frisbies

[...]

Shirley Tracy

I received my disc today.

Shirley Tracy

I called Vispero yesterday and they said the shipment for the SMA will be shipping Nextweek due to some delay.

I don't think it's a good idea to discontinue the Disk shippment. I prefer receiving my SMA

via DVD.

You are right  the waste of resource

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

As I said, all I am asking is for Vispero to send out a one-question survey to all their SMA holders and ask them: Do you want to continue receiving a physical DVD?" and there should be two radio buttons given for the answer, Yes and No. Those who answer Yes are flagged appropriately in the Vispero database and will continue to receive their DVD and those who say No will not. This really should not be so difficult.

I called Vispero yesterday and they said the shipment for the SMA will be shipping Nextweek due to some delay.

I don't think it's a good idea to discontinue the Disk shippment. I prefer receiving my SMA

via DVD.

You are right  the waste of resource

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Don H

So do you think they will lower their price for a SMA if you get no disk? I bet Not.

As I said, all I am asking is for Vispero to send out a one-question survey to all their SMA holders and ask them: Do you want to continue receiving a physical DVD?" and there should be two radio buttons given for the answer, Yes and No. Those who answer Yes are flagged appropriately in the Vispero database and will continue to receive their DVD and those who say No will not. This really should not be so difficult.
I called Vispero yesterday and they said the shipment for the SMA
will be shipping Nextweek due to some delay.
I don't think it's a good idea to discontinue the Disk shippment. I prefer receiving my SMA
via DVD.
You are right  the waste of resource
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

How about a usb stick with the installer that also acts as a dungle this will cut there license feas to sentenal and thus they can reducee the price.

So do you think they will lower their price for a SMA if you get no disk? I bet Not.

As I said, all I am asking is for Vispero to send out a one-question survey to all their SMA holders and ask them: Do you want to continue receiving a physical DVD?" and there should be two radio buttons given for the answer, Yes and No. Those who answer Yes are flagged appropriately in the Vispero database and will continue to receive their DVD and those who say No will not. This really should not be so difficult.

I called Vispero yesterday and they said the shipment for the SMA
will be shipping Nextweek due to some delay.

I don't think it's a good idea to discontinue the Disk shippment. I prefer receiving my SMA

via DVD.

You are right the waste of resource

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Dave...

Don,

For me, that's not the motivation. It's just wasteful to send out a DVD when
we can simply download the product. Save them money and saves me the hassle
of tossing out another piece of plastic.

Dave