Topics

update problem with jaws 18 and display

Sharon Klug <sharonklug9304@...>

Hello everyone:

I need help with a jaws problem. I did the update yesterday for jaws 18 on a 64 bit machine. After installation and even after rebooting I get the following message.

The Freedom Scientific Accessibility display driver is not properly installed. Please reboot the computer if you have not done so already. If this does not fix the issue, please run a repair on the JAWS installation to reinstall the display driver.

To perform a repair, run the JAWS setup package with the command-line arguments "/Type Repair".
OK

I don't understand how to do what the message tells me to do. I hope someone can help me and, if so, thanks in advance.
Sharon

Bill White

Hi, Sharon.

1. Locate the JAWS setup package you used to install the last update to JAWS 18.

2. This may involve going to the Freedom Scientific website and downloading the latest version of JAWS 18.

3. This is located in Downloads>JAWS>Previous versions of JAWS.

4. Put this installation file in the root of drive C.

5. Press the Windows Key with the R key to call up the “run” dialogue.

6. In this Run dialog, type the complete name of the JAWS Installation file: for example

C:\ J18.0.5038.400-enu-x64.exe /type repair

The name of your installation file may be a little different.

After typing this, press the ENTER key. JAWS will begin repairing itself.

If you need further help, you may call me at

714-835-6295, and I will walk you through the repair process.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...