Topics

JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word not working properly together

Ashleigh Piccinino

Hello all,

     Just now, I found that JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word won’t work together nicely in some aspects. When I’m reading a document, of my own making, JAWS misses some words at times and repeats others—almost as if it’s wrapping up a few phrases/words. I have the document maximized when I’m reading with “say all.” Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? It doesn’t happen with JAWS 2018 as I’ve checked.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard Turner

In my very humble but opinionated opinion, Jaws 2019 is buggy as hell.  I’ve gone back to using 2018 and will wait for the update to 2019 to see if they fix anything.

I’ve mentioned some of the issues I’ve had on this list, so won’t waste anyones time rehashing them.

Richard

     Just now, I found that JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word won’t work together nicely in some aspects. When I’m reading a document, of my own making, JAWS misses some words at times and repeats others—almost as if it’s wrapping up a few phrases/words. I have the document maximized when I’m reading with “say all.” Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? It doesn’t happen with JAWS 2018 as I’ve checked.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gerald Levy

To be perfectly blunt, JAWS 2019 was probably released prematurely.  Vispero seems to have a firm October 31 deadline by which they insist on releasing the latest version of JAWS, regardless of whether or not it still has known bugs that they haven’t have enough time to fix.

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 10:10 AM

In my very humble but opinionated opinion, Jaws 2019 is buggy as hell.  I’ve gone back to using 2018 and will wait for the update to 2019 to see if they fix anything.

I’ve mentioned some of the issues I’ve had on this list, so won’t waste anyones time rehashing them.

Richard

     Just now, I found that JAWS 2019 and Microsoft Word won’t work together nicely in some aspects. When I’m reading a document, of my own making, JAWS misses some words at times and repeats others—almost as if it’s wrapping up a few phrases/words. I have the document maximized when I’m reading with “say all.” Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? It doesn’t happen with JAWS 2018 as I’ve checked.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mário Navarro

hi.

Absolutely right!

A piece of crap...

More and more confusion of installations that do not work and always with system issues support.

Sorry but I have to say:
Nvda never fails.
cheers.