Excel 2016 and JAWS 2019 Always Crashing on Exit

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 with Excel 2016.  Every time I exit Excel (alt+F4) after saving my workbook (Controls), both Excel and JAWS crash.  I do not know which crashes first, if that matters.  JAWS automatically restarts.  Excel comes up with the dialogue box saying that the program has stopped working and asks me if I would like to restart the program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Richard

Do you use Windows 7 or Windows 10?

This used to happen a lot to me under Windows 7, Windows 10 rarely ever crashes any more and Jaws under Windows 10 while offering reduced accessibility for many legacy applications I use rarely ever crashes, either.

I am using JAWS 2019 with Excel 2016.  Every time I exit Excel (alt+F4) after saving my workbook (Controls), both Excel and JAWS crash.  I do not know which crashes first, if that matters.  JAWS automatically restarts.  Excel comes up with the dialogue box saying that the program has stopped working and asks me if I would like to restart the program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Richard

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

I often have these crashes when exiting Excel with JAWS 2018. I have not tried it with JAWS 2019 yet. I am running Windows 7.

Pam

This used to happen a lot to me under Windows 7, Windows 10 rarely ever crashes any more and Jaws under Windows 10 while offering reduced accessibility for many legacy applications I use rarely ever crashes, either.

I am using JAWS 2019 with Excel 2016. Every time I exit Excel (alt+F4) after saving my workbook (Controls), both Excel and JAWS crash. I do not know which crashes first, if that matters. JAWS automatically restarts. Excel comes up with the dialogue box saying that the program has stopped working and asks me if I would like to restart the program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard B. McDonald

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

This used to happen a lot to me under Windows 7, Windows 10 rarely ever crashes any more and Jaws under Windows 10 while offering reduced accessibility for many legacy applications I use rarely ever crashes, either.

I am using JAWS 2019 with Excel 2016.  Every time I exit Excel (alt+F4) after saving my workbook (Controls), both Excel and JAWS crash.  I do not know which crashes first, if that matters.  JAWS automatically restarts.  Excel comes up with the dialogue box saying that the program has stopped working and asks me if I would like to restart the program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Richard

Chris Hill